GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boot LED light installed

pimm

Ready to race!
I decided to remove the original bulb in the boot and replace it with a LED which can be purchased off ebay. It give's a matching colour to the interior lights and is much brighter.
Only a small mod but worth doing.

Link below is not the exact one as I bought mine months ago but as long as your Festoon measures the same then job done.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10X-16-SM...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item417acb914d

Last edited:

burso

Ready to race!
Sorry for the silly question, but as I don't see any connectors either side of the LED am I required to do a bit of DYI in order to upgrade my current boot light?

pimm

Ready to race!
Stupidly easy. Take the old bulb out, put the new LED in, if it does not work then turn the LED around and that is it. Fastest and cheapest mod going.
Let me know how you get on.

le0n1

Ready to race!
Other places in the Golf you can use this bulb? Thanks for the link:)

redbutcher

Ready to race!
I'm guessing the boot light isn't one of those bulbs that will flag up a 'dud bulb' message on the DIS so a non-canbus bulb is fine. Unlike the number plate bulbs that do flag up the message unless you disable it in VCDS. Good mod one for the list when mine arrives :).

VW Golf 132

Passed Driver's Ed
Thats grand so,

so its only for external lights thats canbus is needed and at that still needs reprogramming to work, cause i installed canbus into reg plate and it works but shows up an error on the dash...

Pimm CANBUS lights is used in new cars, so you can put in LED bulbs into the car and not have an error on the dash. None canbus lights wont work.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I could do with this as the boot light is pretty useless at present.

Thanks - ordered.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
My LED bulbs arrived on Saturday, must get them fitted.

BTW ordered 2 (No) from ebay not realising I was ordering 2 x 10 - so now I've got twenty of the little feckers :eek: