GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Holy... I had so much anxiety trying to update.

I couldn't find my data cable so I figured I'll just update via JB4 bluetooth mobile app. Failed in the middle of updating, failed verifying checksum. I was starting to panic lol. I double and triple checked that I was on the right thread, that I had the correct file. I ended up doing what user 'Pingers' mentioned above so I downloaded the hex file again (and again). After maybe 4-5 tries, it finally worked.

I went for a 20 min drive and everything seems to be running normally. Not sure if I'm feeling the change, I'll find out tomorrow during my daily commute.

I'll upload screenshots of the error codes later, it's in my phone. My car's a 2016 and I ran the update through the JB4 mobile app in my iPhone 8+. Not sure if previous failed updates that other users had through the mobile app were iOS or android.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Holy... I had so much anxiety trying to update.

I couldn't find my data cable so I figured I'll just update via JB4 bluetooth mobile app. Failed in the middle of updating, failed verifying checksum. I was starting to panic lol. I double and triple checked that I was on the right thread, that I had the correct file. I ended up doing what user 'Pingers' mentioned above so I downloaded the hex file again (and again). After maybe 4-5 tries, it finally worked.

I went for a 20 min drive and everything seems to be running normally. Not sure if I'm feeling the change, I'll find out tomorrow during my daily commute.

I'll upload screenshots of the error codes later, it's in my phone. My car's a 2016 and I ran the update through the JB4 mobile app in my iPhone 8+. Not sure if previous failed updates that other users had through the mobile app were iOS or android.

iOS through BT and iPhone 8+ for me too....though I blame the problem with a less than ideal BT connection to my phone through the dash

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
If you were moving the phone around while connected chances are that it will get disconnected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
The what ?[emoji38]

George is saying the new hex. file has tweaked / fixed the Future Use D (FUD) value 90 function that was causing problems and wasn’t working with the new firmware update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!
Hi guys, JB4 and BT kit installed!

I selected Engine Type N54 and map 2. But, using the app (Android), how do you check the settings for that map?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob question.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!
Check the settings? It's a set map. Nothing to check on it.

Hey, thanks for the quick response. My bad and let me try to explain better what I'm trying to have better understanding; from n54tech.com I got this:

Map 2: This map is a more aggressive map. Peak boost is set to 24psi with a taper down to 16psi at redline.

So, if that map is a pre-set, I'm just trying to understand what is peak boost for each rpm range as follows:

Same for map 1.

Thanks!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Peak boost will change based.on IATs since it's an additive map. At peak (around 3500rpm) it adds 5.2 psi I believe over the ECU request. It's the ECU request that changes with temp. You can read the Map 6 thread more and change it to target a set boost level regardless of temp that way

Renck

Ready to race!
Peak boost will change based.on IATs since it's an additive map. At peak (around 3500rpm) it adds 5.2 psi I believe over the ECU request. It's the ECU request that changes with temp. You can read the Map 6 thread more and change it to target a set boost level regardless of temp that way

Gotcha.........thanks and heading to the Map 6 thread!

:cool: