GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blue smoke after idling for a bit

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
So just wanted to update this thread as to potentially help others. I ended up replacing the cylinder head. The head with all required replacement bolts and all gaskets needed came out to around $1400. I decided to just pull the trigger as there was no way of knowing for sure if my valve seals were leaking without pulling the turbo. The turbo is not a hard job at all but I didn’t want to do things over and over again. Most thought I was crazy for doing this but it had to be fixed at some point. Thankfully my suspicions were correct. Cyl 3 did indeed have damp oil around the valve when looking in through the exhaust ports on the head. The others were completely dry. So about 15ish hours later my car is as good as new with no more smoke.
Was the intake valve leaking? Was the smoke you experienced only on startup? My gti is doing something similar.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Honestly I would just keep my eye on oil levels and run it. If it gets to the point that its actually harming something or smoking like crazy then I would pay to fix it, but for the time being I cant see it being an issue.