• IMG_20160627_121429 Small.jpg
    IMG_20160627_121429 Small.jpg
    803.4 KB · Views: 8,511
  • IMG_20160621_165834 Small.jpg
    IMG_20160621_165834 Small.jpg
    632.4 KB · Views: 7,431

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I plasti dipped my VW and the GTI badges matte black and thought the chrome look is much more classy so took it off. Think they looked cheap when it was all black, I see other Golfs with it done and glad I reverted back to standard. It is all about personal taste, try it for a few weeks and see if it grows on you.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I like it, with the red highlights on a red car. Give it six months and see if you feel the same way.

I have black/black badges on the front, and black/white (background) badge on white onyx GTI. It is just OK, with me as stock looks fine.

richiekuk

Ready to race!
I'm in the "original chrome" camp

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Well I put the original badges back on, just couldn't take to the black ones. Got two black badges for sale if anyone is interested....

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
On the mk6 forum they call blacked out badges "the black butt hole". It blends to much with the back ground and hence looks like a black hole. To each their own but that's how most people will see it

If you do a color matched insert behind it but I'm all for properly shaved or stock. I filled the notch on two of my three mk6 and will eventually do the mk7...of course using the plastic filler piece or not filling the notch at all is the worst thing you can do. Looks terrible

massbad69

Passed Driver's Ed
I think I got most off the stiff through eBay.

The mirrors are around £80 painted, the badges about £30 iirc.

The GTD is from Badgeskins in the US and the eyebrows are from Sth Korea.

Car is lowered on VWR springs with spacers.