GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best option for more camber

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Pain in the ass. Not enough room on my subframe to get the tool fully around the keyed insert.

Also technically need to replace the bolts again when removed/loosened.

If DSG you can unbolt the torque mount and tilt everything far enough away to sneak the bolt out without touching the subframe.
It's a manual. Does that make it any easier?

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
@GTIfan99 yep, what @jay745 said.

Will still suck to try and use the tool on the bushing. Likely best off removing the bolt and pulling the LCA out slightly to get the spanner on it.
Did just that for the left side, getting ready to do the right. What's the torque on the lca bolts? 2 ugga duggas or 3?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The shop used 8 ugga duggas for my wheel lugs, no joke. I'm going to have to pick some new ones up when I pick up the lca bolts.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Did just that for the left side, getting ready to do the right. What's the torque on the lca bolts? 2 ugga duggas or 3?

1689114417544.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
@GTIfan99 yep, what @jay745 said.

Will still suck to try and use the tool on the bushing. Likely best off removing the bolt and pulling the LCA out slightly to get the spanner on it.
I was able to just loosen and painfully get the right side. So both sides are full neg camber.

I have a digital camber gauge that has always been spot on with alignment specs on the rack and I'm reading -4.4 each side, but don't get too excited, it's like 3/4 in toe out both sides, so it's likely due to caster.

I'll get it aligned and should know a final number. If it's -3 I'll be happy.

This is with eurosport camber kit, slotted tower and the offset LCA bushing.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
20230711_204715.jpg

That's steering wheel straight, both sides have that much toe out.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ok, so I'm an idiot. I had my gauge set to grade, not degrees.

So handy conversion, a grade of 4.4 equals -2.8 degrees. Lol.

I'm going to run the car on the 22nd and see how it feels, then maybe play around and see if I can get a little more out of it.

The new shop I took it too will let me in the bay and help the guy wrench to get it set up. They do several people's track cars in the area and seem pretty nice.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Controversially, the rear is -1.8. Most people go .5 less in the rear, but I'm a rebel.

Jargon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Kick starting an old thread since reading through this has been helpful. After an SCCA HPDE last weekend this is what my left front looked like. Been considering adding camber and this was the nudge I needed. I think I have it narrowed down to 3 options

1. Eurosport Camber kit - addition .8 neg camber
2. SuperPro fixed Strut Mount - addition 1.4 neg camber
3. 034 Dynamic Camber mounts - additional 1.4 neg camber

Suspension is currently stock. It might not stay this way but I thought this was a good place to start for a DD that see's 5-6 track days a year. Vehicle is my daily.

Some people have said in this thread (not everyone) that Eursport has the least NVH. Is the reason for this the less additional negative camber? Would the other two provide better performance gains from the extra camber at the expense of NVH?

Also generally looking for additional feedback on these or products as well as recommendations on other products that would be a good starting point for suspension mods.

Attachments

• PXL_20240428_224500174.jpg
    PXL_20240428_224500174.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 19