.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hell yeah

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hell yeah :D

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Well that's just showing off now isn't it ;). Having said that 'really' showing off would be two 'R's sitting on the drive :D.

Very nice!

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
which do you prefer?

do they serve different purposes?

The cars where both bought for development purposes of a advanced piggy back solution for the platform. I will get into that once I got vendor approval etc.

The GTI is a basic spec car with the iphone cable, xenons and panoramic roof. It drives nicely but does not give the feel of safety when traveling at higher speeds. The steering is too sensitive in my opinion and it give the car a feel of lightness on the road.

The R is fully speced with the DCC. Its rock solid on the road and does not feel like you in a Golf when compared to the GTI. I have had a lot of exposure with driving a 6 R and its leaps ahead in terms of refinement and overall feel. There is a point on freeway driving the exhaust note has a bit of a drone and I have read this complaint on other forums. I do not mind it but my wife who drove the car moaned about it. (Imagine what she is going to say with a DP and full system on it :eek:).

Viewing both cars individually I think it matters what car you are coming from into the GTI but I think the R will impress people that are "down grading" due to the ride quality and very decent power to weight ratio.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Boost and AFR gauge

Decided to get a bit ghetto with the fitment of this since there isn't a vent gauge available yet.
We decided to go with the AEM Boost and AFR gauge. The kit comes with its own lambda sensor which is plumbed into the catless downpipe we are using for testing. The gauge is relative straight forward with a back end option of being in psi and boost. The AFR gauge is needed for tuning with our piggy back system since the AFR targets are by passed.
The party trick with the system is that you can create a graph of "safe" AFR targets and it triggers a alarm when you go into a lean situation and it has a optional output that can switch circuit.
For boost signal we got a Boost tap from USP that fits under the map sensor on the intake manifold. Its a straight fit of good quality and well priced.

I have glued the gauge in and just need to do some alignment and it will look perfect for now.

Next up we will fit and test the Rothe intake on both cars as well as Forge's intercooler offerings.

jjm51

Ready to race!
I smell hundreds of people jealous :rolleyes: I know I am! lol

congrats hope you enjoy it :D

ditto! :)

nice. very nice.

this is a great thread. thanks.

personally too, i am 'torn' between a pp gti and an r. when they finally get here, i hope the decision will be easier. meanwhile a thread like this eases that wait.

drive both in good health!

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
The cars where both bought for development purposes of a advanced piggy back solution for the platform. I will get into that once I got vendor approval etc.

The GTI is a basic spec car with the iphone cable, xenons and panoramic roof. It drives nicely but does not give the feel of safety when traveling at higher speeds. The steering is too sensitive in my opinion and it give the car a feel of lightness on the road.

The R is fully speced with the DCC. Its rock solid on the road and does not feel like you in a Golf when compared to the GTI. I have had a lot of exposure with driving a 6 R and its leaps ahead in terms of refinement and overall feel. There is a point on freeway driving the exhaust note has a bit of a drone and I have read this complaint on other forums. I do not mind it but my wife who drove the car moaned about it. (Imagine what she is going to say with a DP and full system on it :eek:).

Viewing both cars individually I think it matters what car you are coming from into the GTI but I think the R will impress people that are "down grading" due to the ride quality and very decent power to weight ratio.

What point on the freeway does it drone?