GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bay Area Track Days

RochanaG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI 6MT
Where can I get a helmet in the Bay Area? I haven't had luck with online retailers. I've been searching for a Bell M8 but am open to recommendations.
IO Port in Lafayette. Ken is great. Got my m8 there. Was able to try on different helmets and sizes.

sheeno

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up finding inventory at Discovery Parts and ordered an M8 too.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Had to cancel on 5/5 at Sonoma as something came up, but I am thinking of going to Laguna with NCRC on Tuesday 5/24.

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Had to cancel on 5/5 at Sonoma as something came up, but I am thinking of going to Laguna with NCRC on Tuesday 5/24.
Will, missed you at Sonoma (met Andy) and may go to LS 5/24. Thinking about NCRC Thunderhill East next week.
Bern

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Well I got an email that my waitlist spot for fathers day at Laguna with SpeedSF was good to go, so I'm signed up for that, for some reason the registration has me in the next faster group from my normal one, quick glance at the who's registered shows a Lamborghini STO in my group, so that'll be interested... Between now and that weekend I need to swap out the passenger side front control arm as the SuperPro one had bushing seperation and they sent me a new one under warranty, will have to see if I can get front wheel bearings done before then too as they're getting tired, along with my 24-25 heat cycle R-S4's.. Will be fun regardless!

qnz

Car(s)
2015 Golf R, A35 AMG
Anyone been to the Wednesday Night Drags at Sonoma? Does it get crowded? I wanted to get a few runs vs my wife. Do the lines allow us to stage who we run against?

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
If you want to run with the big boys the NorCal Shelby club mini mats is this weekend at Sonoma raceway.

It is open to non Shelby as well I know I have seen Porsches and Miatas at this event before.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Anyone been to the Wednesday Night Drags at Sonoma? Does it get crowded? I wanted to get a few runs vs my wife. Do the lines allow us to stage who we run against?
Go while you can. Race tracks are under intense pressure. I believe sac raceway park is now closed due to pressure from the county and they are trying to find a buyer. Bet it will become an industrial park or housing.

acegp1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Anyone else doing Sonoma with NASA on 8/20? Hope to see some of you out before winter comes!

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I will be at Thunderhill West on Sat September 17th with SpeedSF.

Last edited:

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
I wish, unfortunately the wagon isn’t going to be doing more, M3 currently looks like this..

07CA2A3C-4FD1-41A7-AE11-9D5388CD2621.jpeg

If all goes really well, hoping it’ll be ready for a track day in September, but we shall see..