GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bay Area Track Days

acegp1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
If you don't go, how will you ever know if all that spend was worth it? I'm sure she'll understand.....

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Just finished my 2nd day at Thunderhill in 3 weeks and am now signed up for Sonoma on April 9, with Trackmaster's. The idea of a back-to-back with with East and West sounds great but I'll miss this one.
Bern

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Well bar any issues pop up in the next few days with my car being in the shop for the clutch, turbo and LSD, I’ll be at Thunderhill East with NCRC on 4/15 and Thunderhill West with SpeedSF on 4/16, solo group with NCRC and point by with SpeedSF (not sure why they use different names for the same experience level group..). Anyone have a preferred place to stay up there?

This will be my first track day anywhere other than Laguna, slightly nervous to be learning a new track with it also being the first time with significantly more power to get used to. Will likely need to drive around for no reason after I pick my car up to get the clutch broken in!

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Well bar any issues pop up in the next few days with my car being in the shop for the clutch, turbo and LSD, I’ll be at Thunderhill East with NCRC on 4/15 and Thunderhill West with SpeedSF on 4/16, solo group with NCRC and point by with SpeedSF (not sure why they use different names for the same experience level group..). Anyone have a preferred place to stay up there?

This will be my first track day anywhere other than Laguna, slightly nervous to be learning a new track with it also being the first time with significantly more power to get used to. Will likely need to drive around for no reason after I pick my car up to get the clutch broken in!

I usually stay at the Best Western in Willows but their price for Friday night was like $50 more than usual so I just booked the Motel 6.

Happy to give you a ride around both tracks before your first session or at some point during the day as I’ll be there both days too.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
I usually stay at the Best Western in Willows but their price for Friday night was like $50 more than usual so I just booked the Motel 6.

Happy to give you a ride around both tracks before your first session or at some point during the day as I’ll be there both days too.
Got it, I’ll look into that for a hotel, I was almost going to look into camping! Lol

That’d be awesome! I’ll definitely take you up on that.

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Another Willows hotel option is the Baymont. IMO more comfortable than Motel 6. In either case, ear plugs can help.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Booked Sonoma on Thurs 5/5 with Corsa Club - good discount right now.

Eyeing Laguna June 19 w/ SpeedSF but not booked yet.
I sure would really like to try Sonoma… but sure would be nice if that date was a day my wife was working from home and could watch the kiddo… after the 2 days in a row at Thunderhill, I’m hoping to get back to Laguna or first crack at Sonoma next, we shall see!

sheeno

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Where can I get a helmet in the Bay Area? I haven't had luck with online retailers. I've been searching for a Bell M8 but am open to recommendations.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Where can I get a helmet in the Bay Area? I haven't had luck with online retailers. I've been searching for a Bell M8 but am open to recommendations.
I bought my helmet at Wine Country Motorsports at Sonoma Raceway, they've got a ton of options in stock to try on.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Anyone driving with NASA at Thunderhill on 4/24? I'll be there, hope to meet some of you. There was a good MK7 presence last time.