GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

aux pump issue

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Doesn't sound fun lol. I removed the axle heat shield earlier on jackstands and felt like there was no room to work with it.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Nope it was 2 hrs of it sucked to be me. I was replacing a failed new actuator. Funny thing is it passed the first adaptation and just fails when it needed to work. lol.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Code did not come back today after driving a few times. I can hear the pump running for about 10-15 seconds after turning the car off it like a repeating buzz-beep sound. Cant believe hitting it worked...for now.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Code did not come back today after driving a few times. I can hear the pump running for about 10-15 seconds after turning the car off it like a repeating buzz-beep sound. Cant believe hitting it worked...for now.
That sound is likely the throttle body doing it's calibration/self tests. Auxiliary pump is more of a steady hum for 1-2 mins after shutting the car off (assuming it was running for more than a few mins and was fully at temp at shutdown).

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Its def not the throttle plate adjustment sound its coming from the aux pump directly. You can feel it making the sound when you put your hand on it. Of course mine might be on the way out so its not operating like it should... Thankfully code didn't come back today either.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Mine has pooped the bed as well. Damn. P16C700 code, weird grinding noise after shutdown for a few days now, and now she's dripping some coolant too. Idiot light flashed at 5:30am today. Topped it up and drove to work.

When it was time to go home, I topped it up with some distilled at startup, drove 62 kms home, needed more when I landed 2kms from home.

Darn.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Mine has pooped the bed as well. Damn. P16C700 code, weird grinding noise after shutdown for a few days now, and now she's dripping some coolant too. Idiot light flashed at 5:30am today. Topped it up and drove to work.

When it was time to go home, I topped it up with some distilled at startup, drove 62 kms home, needed more when I landed 2kms from home.

Darn.

Bummer man. I think I heard that same sound at one point. Guessing its a jacked up impeller in the pump? Let us know if you can figure out where the leak is and if you decide to tackle this repair yourself!

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Was a G to get it fixed from the dealership.

Got the oil changed while I was at it as I'm feeling lazy.

$170 plus tax for an oil change. Oh Emm Gee.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
I finally bit the bullet and ordered the part. Ive started to get the static locked pump code more frequently. Might as well just get it over with. Maybe I can make a vid or DIY since there's not much info out there on it for the 2.0T.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Okay found out the part that was on my car is actually 5Q0121599AK which is slightly different than the 5Q0965561B. The AK/AA pumps are a lot more expensive not sure what the difference is but the in/outlets and connector are in the same spots. The mounting is different and bracket uses a rubber ring to hold the pump instead of being directly screwed onto the pump. I think both of these parts will interchange still though I just need to order one of the brackets that will fit the one I ordered. Its been kind of a disaster so far hose clamps slipped and spilled a shitload of coolant on the garage floor and made a huge mess. It comes out pretty forcefully after removing the hoses.