GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

aux pump issue

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
AUX pump circulates coolant through the turbo not the heater core, I would replace it as soon as possible.
the car has two aux pumps one for helping cooling and one going to heater core and also for cooling, i know this because i just paid too much money to fix both and i am very aware of what each does now lol

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
There's only 1 water pump. And what does coded out mean? To code something out is to remove it or to tell the ECU to ignore a code that is being generated by the offending component. Use more common vernacular so we can understand what you are saying. Is your car throwing a code(s)? What are they?
hey fyi our cars have two aux pumps lol

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
Why is there an aux pump for the heater core? What purpose would it have?
Yeah I dunno, push hot coolant thru the core? It's about the same size as the other aux pump, how many electric pumps do we need lol

In obdeleven it kept showing two electric pumps in long coding, and initially I thought it was wrong

Godking

Does anyone have a diagram or better yet a picture of where the secondary pump is on a 2015 GTI S? I have yet to see any kind of assembled image. Maybe I don't ask the right people or speak the right language because I have yet to hear : "It is on top of 'this' next to 'this' connected to 'this' accessible by doing 'this' then 'that' and 'this'."
A picture, a 3-D rendering, even a highly detailed drawing would work at this point. Thanks.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
Under the intake manifold, on the left hand side near the oil filter area I believe, but I could be wrong. I dont really know either lol

Godking

I've found it. Over the differential/right side driveshaft. Mine was in silver heat shield. It is inaccessible unless you remove your turbo, lift the engine, or remove that driveshaft as far as I can see.

Godking

20210130_171504.jpg
This picture is flipped horizontally by my camera but that is the pump right over the black part of the driveshaft.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Sorry to bump old thread has anyone changed that aux pump ^?

copying from other thread:
I pulled a p16C700 code in the engine module yesterday just by scanning... no CEL. Its for "Heater Support Pump - locked out" Not a ton of info out there for 2.0Ts on this mostly for TDIs in Europe and a few posts around here without much resolution or help. Its for one of the two auxillary coolant pumps, I assumed it was for the one that helps cool the turbo after shutting the car off. Apparently there's one under the oil filter housing area and one just below the turbo. I got the car up in the air and pulled off the axle heat shield and disconnected the sensor and messed around with clearing the codes and doing the heater support pump output test while connecting and disconnecting it with the ignition on. The old code dissapeared and I got a static one when disconnected so I figured the one below the turbo is my problem one. I then tried tapping on the aux pump with a wrench while running the heater support pump output test and it started working again I could feel it and hear the noise change. Idk why it would have been stuck before. Hopefully that fixes it for now it doesn't look like a fun part to change. Im guessing passenger axle will have to come out.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Thanks I found that section in the manuals. The two pictures right before that were confusing me I lol. I didn't realize that's the hot side charged air piping which it says to remove first also. The manual doesn't say to disconnect the axle but its shown as not connected in the pic. It would make it a hell of a lot easier thats for sure. There basically no way to reach anything from the botton besides the electrical connector with it in the way.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Thanks I found that section in the manuals. The two pictures right before that were confusing me I lol. I didn't realize that's the hot side charged air piping which it says to remove first also. The manual doesn't say to disconnect the axle but its shown as not connected in the pic. It would make it a hell of a lot easier thats for sure. There basically no way to reach anything from the botton besides the electrical connector with it in the way.
I duno I just replaced the WG actuator just removing the axel heat shield.. the Aux pump is right below the turbo.