GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto lock feature activation

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
fyi it ain't a chirp it's a loud honk. I think if you buy an alarm sounder instead of using the horn it will work as a chirp

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
Yeah I’m weirded out by it. With the key inside and ignition off. It won’t lock but if the ignition is on, it would. That concerns be because I will want the car to be running in the winter time while I scrap off the snow and ice. Last thing I want is to get locked out.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Yeah I’m weirded out by it. With the key inside and ignition off. It won’t lock but if the ignition is on, it would. That concerns be because I will want the car to be running in the winter time while I scrap off the snow and ice. Last thing I want is to get locked out.
Yep... Again, the vw engineers would have left it enabled if it was anything more than a beta feature... Easier to turn it off than to improve at that point I guess.

Also, I wondered why the fob window open/close thing came disabled and after arriving home one snowy day, going inside, taking off my shoes, and eating dinner I found out! The buttons are easily pressed in your pocket; when I took off my shoes, I opened all the windows and sunroof. Thankfully I went outside before bed and saw the car full of snow. 2 hrs of shopvac work later it was clean again, but had I not caught it the leather would have been ruined. "feature" disabled again...

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
How do you guys work around the snow scrapping portion? If you take the key with you the car shuts off and there would be no heat. If you leave it in the car and shut the door does it auto lock with ignition on?

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
How do you guys work around the snow scrapping portion? If you take the key with you the car shuts off and there would be no heat. If you leave it in the car and shut the door does it auto lock with ignition on?
There's a setting that allows you to leave ignition on with key not in car. I forget what it's called but obdeleven app does it. If it takes me longer than 2 mins to figure out or google, it's not worth the 1$ for the app, so I just pay for it...

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
There's a setting that allows you to leave ignition on with key not in car. I forget what it's called but obdeleven app does it. If it takes me longer than 2 mins to figure out or google, it's not worth the 1$ for the app, so I just pay for it...
just when I was about to give up on the auto lock feature, I learn about another. You guys are freaking amazing. I’ll have to look this up, thank you🙏

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
This is why I went back to normal - it's a PITA. Really, it would be cool if you could do it with a delay say 1 min so you had a little more time. It shouldn't lock your key in, never did that to me that I recall. Security code - you just need that for some control units like the brakes, it's just how it is.

Yeah I got used to it and I do like that I never have to take my FOB out of my pocket for anything, but I don't have kids or anything I have to worry about getting out, or at least opening their doors before I close drivers door. I think most people won't like the way it works.

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
update, so I left my car running today and closed the driver door. The car auto locked as it should but upon return I could not unlock the car with the door sensor handle. I had to use my key fob. Is this suppose to happen? I had my key in my pocket the entire time.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
update, so I left my car running today and closed the driver door. The car auto locked as it should but upon return I could not unlock the car with the door sensor handle. I had to use my key fob. Is this suppose to happen? I had my key in my pocket the entire time.
Yeah, when the car is running the door sensors quit working. That's the limitation to the lock while ign on. With no autolock feature you'd have to press the button to lock and unlock. Strangely on the audi, the door sensors work to lock, but not unlock while ign on.

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
Yeah, when the car is running the door sensors quit working. That's the limitation to the lock while ign on. With no autolock feature you'd have to press the button to lock and unlock. Strangely on the audi, the door sensors work to lock, but not unlock while ign on.
So hypothetically, would I be able to shut off the door slam lock function and just use ignition on centra lock feature? Would the car auto lock with the engine on and the key out? I just want a warm car in the winter when im scrapping the snow off of it.