GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto lock feature activation

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
So I have a 2019 gti with keyless feature. I tried to get the auto lock feature (where you walk away from your car and it auto locks) through the obdeleven application with no luck. Any advice is greatly appreciate. Thanks for reading.

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Did you program it manually? People have found the preprogrammed one you use credits for does not always work.

Automatically lock when key is outside the car and Drivers doors is closed
B7 - Access Startsystem Interface
Long Coding
Locking for Door SlammingActivated
Hold Down Green Check
Coding Accepted

This is how I did it on my 2018 R, no guarantee it would work on yours

tigeo

Autocross Champion
---------------------------------------------------------------
Auto lock when exit (must have KESSY)

Adaptation
Control unit: B7 Access Startsystem Interface
Name: internal_passive_entry_exit_byte1
Values:
passive_exit_door_slam_lock:
Old value: Not activated
New value: activated

Long coding
Values:
easy_close:

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
Auto lock when exit (must have KESSY)

Adaptation
Name: internal_passive_entry_exit_byte1
Values:
passive_exit_door_slam_lock:

Long coding
Values:
easy_close:
Silly question but does that mean I have to both long code and use adaptations or were you giving me two options?

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
Ok so here Is what I have tried
1) VdubberDE, video shown above says to find the door slam function. I could not locate this function to change. I have a 7.5 like the video so this is strange.
2) tigeo, I tried your method but had a question on the adaptations. There’s a section where it asks for the login code. I have no idea what I’m doing and wanted to play it safe and wait additional guidance. what am I suppose to put down for the log in code?
65A64E92-0B53-4981-BEEF-0A34461AE282.jpeg

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Silly question but does that mean I have to both long code and use adaptations or were you giving me two options?
You need to do both as I have listed to get it to work - at least that was how it was on my Atlas.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Ok so here Is what I have tried
1) VdubberDE, video shown above says to find the door slam function. I could not locate this function to change. I have a 7.5 like the video so this is strange.
2) tigeo, I tried your method but had a question on the adaptations. There’s a section where it asks for the login code. I have no idea what I’m doing and wanted to play it safe and wait additional guidance. what am I suppose to put down for the log in code?View attachment 185348
20103 should be it.

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
What is that security log in about?
I apologize for the ignorance

So update: looks like the auto lock feature works but while I was testing it, it locked my my keys in it. Idk if this is suppose to happen but my ignition was on. Is there anyway to fix this? I would prefer to not get locked out.

additionally, it also makes a loud chirp sound. Is there a way I can make this silent?
thanks in advances :)

Last edited:

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R

So update: looks like the auto lock feature works but while I was testing it, it locked my my keys in it. Idk if this is suppose to happen but my ignition was on. Is there anyway to fix this? I would prefer to not get locked out.

additionally, it also makes a loud chirp sound. Is there a way I can make this silent?

It should not lock if the fob is inside the car.
It does have its quirks you have to get used to.
For example, if you get out and close front door it will lock, even though you want to get something out of back door. So you have to unlock car again to open back door.
I got used to it, but basically you have to leave door open until either all people get out of car, or you get whatever you need out of back seat.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
fwiw mechanics tend to dislike auto-lock. Ones that have been bitten by it will roll windows down when working on car

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Yeah I had this enabled for a day before it got really old and my wife was cursing me. Locked my keys in it just by stepping out while on and the wind blowing the door closed. Luckily it was in front of my house. There's a reason vw left this off, lol.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

This is why I went back to normal - it's a PITA. Really, it would be cool if you could do it with a delay say 1 min so you had a little more time. It shouldn't lock your key in, never did that to me that I recall. Security code - you just need that for some control units like the brakes, it's just how it is.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
I used to have this feature on my mazdaspeed 6. The car would wait till the key is out of range before auto locking.

Not sure why the VW implementation is based on the driver's door closing. That would drive me nuts and I would turn it off instantly.