GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi Throttle Mod?improves the throttle response.

CloudLv

This mod improves the throttle response by changing the engine branding from "VW/Seat/Skoda" to "Audi". In my opinion it's the best performance mod you can make one step short of remapping. Research shows that some drivers who've made this mod on other MQB platforms (Golf Mk7 from memory) report some errors in the dashboard.I test my Passat B8 and my friend's SuperB,it really made the different.
VCDS:
Select 01-Engine
Enter Long Coding and change the first byte from 01 to 02 (i.e. uncheck bit 1 and check bit 1)

You will probably receive any error message in the instrument cluster - this is OK. Just cycle the ignition and away you go!

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
@everyone who reads this:

I would be VERY cautious to make changes to your engine coding, just because someone on a forum with only 3 posts says it's a good idea.

@CloudLv: can you show some source with the other experiences?

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
I tried to be the Guinea pig for this. When I went to adjust the long coding with OBDEleven it kept giving me "Function not available" so nothing yet.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Coding took. I'll see what it does really quick.

[EDIT] : Feels a little more peppy around mid range to me. I'm pretty sure that did change the pedal curve. Nice tip.

Last edited:

CloudLv

Last edited:

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
What is this actually doing though? How was it found? Does it change anything else besides the throttle curve?

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
@everyone who reads this:

I would be VERY cautious to make changes to your engine coding, just because someone on a forum with only 3 posts says it's a good idea.

@CloudLv: can you show some source with the other experiences?
Chillout man this is a groovy mod. (You can always undo the change in VCDS)

civicdrivr

Ready to race!

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Tried it a while ago, broke my cruise control so I went back to stock.

CloudLv

Tried it a while ago, broke my cruise control so I went back to stock.

How does it break your cruise control? A friend of mine is also a golf VII GTI. He is also mod it. The cruise function is a little different from the original one。Cruise Settings are displayed on the dashboard by pressing the I/O key of the original factory. Did this mod you must press the wheel I/O botton and then press the wheel + or -,the cruise can be shown on the dashboard,you could set the speed what you like.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Chillout man this is a groovy mod. (You can always undo the change in VCDS)

Could be, but it's still a good idea not to mess with stuff without having more info than "this works". There are multiple examples of 1 simple code change causing major issues to a car, that couldn't be undone with VCDS (for instance, byte 18 of the Golf 6 BCM could f*ck up a lot of things).