GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi aluminum subframe on Mk7 Gti

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
If you are considering buying the aluminum subframe new why not just buy the Verkline tubular front. Better geometry, lighter, and stiffer. About double the cost though. You can also Get the rear tubular subframe.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
If you are considering buying the aluminum subframe new why not just buy the Verkline tubular front. Better geometry, lighter, and stiffer. About double the cost though. You can also Get the rear tubular subframe.

NO!!...& NO!!.....its a fecking slippery slope & before long you'll end up pressing the "buy" button on a carbon fibre hood/bonnet with vents in..:mad::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: q74

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
This below is copy/pasted from the Verkline product page. While a tubular sub-frame is awesome, it's for people looking for upgrades beyond the aluminum subframe (as compared to the steel)...

Notice: Sold for off road, track and racing applications only. Installation of this product will introduce some additional NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) transfer into the cabin. We strongly advice to mount the subframe in qualified and experienced workshop that would know what are doing.

Notice 2: If you are using standard OEM metal wishbones and your car is lowered significantly it might be necessary to shim off around 2 mm of the wishbones at on the length of 10 mm. It is not necessary to shim anything with OEM aluminium wishbones or when using Verkline Front Lower Control Arms.

Notice 3: Subframe does not work with Whiteline and SuperPro Front Lower Control Arms. They are bigger in width then OEM arms and can’t be used with our subframe.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
NO!!...& NO!!.....its a fecking slippery slope & before long you'll end up pressing the "buy" button on a carbon fibre hood/bonnet with vents in..:mad::ROFLMAO:
I know it well. I am planning on using it with my mk6 I am converting for track use only. There are some people running this on their daily driver though.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
The bare minimum you need is the longer Audi subframe bolts as well as the washers. 2x WHT006844 + 4x N10785401. Parts 2 and 3 from this diagram:

https://parts.audiusa.com/a/Audi_20...T-SUSPENSION-SUSPENSION-MOUNTING/1312490.html

OE steel arms are fine, as well as the latest revision superpro arms (ALOY00018k). Not sure about whiteline. Verkline should also fit. There are no mounts/bushings required, you can re-use your existing dogbone setup or swap to an aftermarket arm. If you're using a dogbone mount insert, though, you should inspect the lower puck that comes with your subframe so you know if you'll need a different one or not.

I was able to snag mine for $150 out of a wrecked A3 with no damage, just needed some degreaser and a power wash. Good luck!
Thank you for the info.. exactly what I was looking for!

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
you can see junkyards across america (including LKQ) and search on year make model part at car-part.com.

that's how I found one close to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210818-221202.png
    Screenshot_20210818-221202.png
    271.4 KB · Views: 115

Greasyjonny

Passed Driver's Ed
Also it looks like the the part# 5Q0199369G has been replaced with 3Q0199369E according to VW/Audi parts sites likeThis. Should still work right?

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
If you get the TyrolSport dead set kit do you still need the WHT006844 washers and longer Audi bolts?
deadset kit shouldn't effect longer bolts. idk about washers.