GOLFMKV

Asta la vista, baby. . .

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
😭

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
This is how grumpy old men are born.

Will they put physical buttons into this special edition last manual model? If so, I'll buy one, otherwise it's sadly a pass 😢

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
This is how grumpy old men are born.

Will they put physical buttons into this special edition last manual model? If so, I'll buy one, otherwise it's sadly a pass 😢

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
They call it the MK7 and you save $$$ buying them
less cheap plastics too
Lol.

I mean if they really wanted to make some money they just need to add physical buttons, a special final manual edition set of basics (like nicer shift knob and other gimmicky things) then charge 10k more for them. I'd pay. I love the mk7 and it's really hard to pick up any other car available today. Not much has a manual, 4 doors, and is fun to drive today... Even the m3 today is kinda dull. Audi and merc make literally nothing interesting. Porsche makes the panamera and it's just too large. What else is there? The type s is maybe the only other interesting car.

Is it just me or have the last 4 years of cars made everyone less "car people" and more "appliance people"? I just don't get excited about anything new anymore...

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
You guys and your button phobia. It’s great, faster and just as easy or easier to use than my Mk7.5. And only every few times I push the sunroof “button” does it call emergency services.

It’s been interesting how much different this car feels even though the chassis is basically unchanged.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
You guys and your button phobia. It’s great, faster and just as easy or easier to use than my Mk7.5. And only every few times I push the sunroof “button” does it call emergency services.

It’s been interesting how much different this car feels even though the chassis is basically unchanged.
What's your emergency?

I can't close this damn sunroof. 😂

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The sunroof works with the slidey thing, it just also likes to call EMS sometimes. They killed the sunglass holder up there, I think the fake switch is just lonely.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Is anyone else chuckling at the downfall of Western culture? You really just gotta sit back with an ice cold Mulvaney Light and enjoy the show sometimes (while reveling in how fortunate we were to catch a glimpse of the golden era of automobiles)

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Is anyone else chuckling at the downfall of Western culture? You really just gotta sit back with an ice cold Mulvaney Light and enjoy the show sometimes (while reveling in how fortunate we were to catch a glimpse of the golden era of automobiles)
I wasn’t alive for it. I’d say about 1956-1968 was Peak Car. Tons of feedback, advent of decent disc brakes, lots of sharp pointy things to kill you if you missed an apex. What’s not to love?

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I think the years you were in high school often dictate for people what peak car was. You're either wealthy enough to be able to attain new at that time, you're jealous enough to lust over the new of that time, or you're watching 10 year old stuff, dreaming of what you could do with it...

I'm personally a late 2000s fanatic. Such amazing engineering and still blissfully ignorant enough to make fun of hippees.

I could get behind a few 60s/70s barely aluminum foil tubs with giant v8s though. Why not make so much torque you twist the frame off the line? 🤣 (does that show my age?)
I wasn’t alive for it. I’d say about 1956-1968 was Peak Car. Tons of feedback, advent of decent disc brakes, lots of sharp pointy things to kill you if you missed an apex. What’s not to love?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Well crap, late 80’s leaves me with some crap. 964s, 328 Ferraris, ancient SL Mercedes and the never dying E30. There was my awesome CRX Si though.