GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Arrivedverci

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Long time member from 2015 GTI through 2021 GLI. Learned a lot here and hopefully paid it forward over the years. Today I picked up an Elantra N. Lifes too short to drive boring cars. Maybe see you down the road.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I saw an Elantra N the other day and he wanted nothing to do with me as I pulled along side of him. I thought we had timed it perfectly for us to hit a yellow light and run from a dig, but that bitch didn’t want to see what’s what and rolled through. Sad but smart on his part.

Have fun with your N, I hope it’s an awesome car for you.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I’m 68. No dig but I would wave to you.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I’m 68. No dig but I would wave to you.
Good call. That other N driver that I saw probably wasn’t aware that I was there anyway. I sincerely hope you enjoy the car.

Care to share how you like it so far? What do you like better than the GLI? What don’t you like? Just curious, if you don’t mind sharing.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Good call. That other N driver that I saw probably wasn’t aware that I was there anyway. I sincerely hope you enjoy the car.

Care to share how you like it so far? What do you like better than the GLI? What don’t you like? Just curious, if you don’t mind sharing.
Too soon to tell. Only drove it back from the dealership today. Has everything the GLI did except ACC. It does have lane keep assist. I coded that in on the GLI but can tell the OEM version already is better. Handling seems superb and better than the VW. I’m babying it during the break in period. Maybe feels more GTI than GLI. Rock solid so far. 20 miles. 😎

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Long time member from 2015 GTI through 2021 GLI. Learned a lot here and hopefully paid it forward over the years. Today I picked up an Elantra N. Lifes too short to drive boring cars. Maybe see you down the road.
I like that car.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
gotta admit....had to google it.....never seen/heard of it. Have fun!

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I know they get good reviews but there is a stigma with Hyundai, to me at least. Hell, many people respond the same way when I tell them I drive a VW. Sir, it’s a GTI.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Congrats! Most of the forum regulars know I'm pretty vocal about thinking the EN is a great car. If Hyundai brought the i30 N to the US, it'd be tempting not to shop for one.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Love the performance of the Elantra N. Civic Type R performance for 10-30k less (depending on markup).

Just can't get past the looks. Might be ok in black.

Would rather the Kona N if it was AWD manual