GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ARM FMIC install tip

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I just finished getting this installed this evening and wanted to share this with others who are going to be installing the kit. When you open the box, it is going to come with A LOT of extra stuff (clamps, couplers, brackets, etc.) that you don’t need. What you will need is: 2 x tapered couplers (stock piping to ARM), 2 x long couplers (IC to pipe), 2 x 71/63 clamps for the stock pipes, 6 x 77/69 clamps for the IC and pipes, and the brackets you need are the two black ones that are in a bag along with two long bolts and nuts. Unless I am missing something, everything else can be ignored.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Weird you had two different size clamps. I'll have to double check, but I'm almost positive all 8 of my clamps were 77/69. :unsure: Got the replacement for the one I stripped, so I'll check when I swap the OEM worm gear i'm using.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Weird you had two different size clamps. I'll have to double check, but I'm almost positive all 8 of my clamps were 77/69. :unsure: Got the replacement for the one I stripped, so I'll check when I swap the OEM worm gear i'm using.
There was definitely 2 different sizes in mine too

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I had 3 different sizes....

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Just double checked the instructions and it does call out two different clamp sizes - Either I missed that or got 8 of the same size. I'll have to put it up on the ramps and take a look tomorrow. Worst case I've gotta swap around a few clamps, which works as I wanted to readjust the hoses a little bit anyhow.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I want to say I got like 20 clamps or so in the box

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Just double checked the instructions and it does call out two different clamp sizes - Either I missed that or got 8 of the same size. I'll have to put it up on the ramps and take a look tomorrow. Worst case I've gotta swap around a few clamps, which works as I wanted to readjust the hoses a little bit anyhow.
I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if you had 8 of the same.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Just got 8 clamps, two bags with four in each. Got 6 silicone pipes, one pair small, one pair tapered, and one pair straight the same size as the tapered. Extra silver mounting brackets and hardware that was in it's own little baggie, then the black mounting arms and longer bolt/nut for mounting in our application. Though I was also missing the stock IC caps that Keehs360 got with his, though they sent those out when I asked about it pretty quick - Good thing too, the caps I got from ECS didn't fit after 10 minutes of trying but the ARM ones fit like a glove.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Just got 8 clamps, two bags for four for the clamps. Got 6 silicone pipes, one pair small, one pair tapered, and one pair straight the same size as the tapered. Extra silver mounting brackets and hardware that was in it's own little baggie, then the black mounting arms and longer bolt/nut for mounting in our application. Though I was also missing the stock IC caps that Keehs360 got with his, though they sent those out when I asked about it pretty quick - Good thing too, the caps I got from ECS didn't fit after 10 minutes of trying but the ARM ones fit like a glove.
Yup. Three pairs of couplers, three different sizes

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yup. Three pairs of couplers, three different sizes
I hate it when they give you more parts then you need. Makes me worry I did something wrong.
But I guess it's better than not having enough parts.