GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ARE the MK7 GTI 2015 TURBOS BAD?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I have a 2015 that has just shy of 120,000 miles on it. I just crapped a turbo. Also an engine for that fact. So, while everything is out of the car I'm going to put a new clutch in. The one thing just about everyone said that I will need because the car is tuned. That thing lasted about 90,000 miles with a tune, thats more miles than most people have on their cars. Just remember its mechanical it may brake it may not.

https://qkvideo.net/#/service/watch/573df03053fc819855d34502ce5b96cc

You got one of the superclutches from before VW skimped on them to save money. But still that is very impressive to have gone 90K miles on an OEM clutch while putting out like 25%+ power over stock.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
And other than the stupid proprietary iPhone only cables, the Fender audio system is awesome and the satelite radio and bluetooth streaming work just fine. Best factory radio I've ever had...

MIB1 isn't a bad setup - as long as you don't compare it to MIB2, which was improved in just about every way possible. Bigger screen, higher resolution, brighter and more legible, MUCH faster hardware, CarPlay/Android Auto added, USB instead of crappy VW proprietary cables. VW was way behind the industry infotainment-wise until MIBx came along, it's nice to see them get caught up (more or less).