GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Ultra-Premium 370x34mm 6 Piston Next Generation Big Brake Kit!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
APR Ultra-Premium 370x34mm 6 Piston Next Generation Big Brake Kit!

APR's 370x34mm 2-piece 6-piston Big Brake Kit (BBK) is an ultra-high-end solution for maximum stopping power. Each feature-packed solution is specifically tailored to your vehicle and provides exceptional stopping-power in a wide operating range from daily driving to professional racing. Because of this, the system provides the correct brake bias and integrate perfectly with the ABS and stability systems which is critical under emergency braking situations. This upgrade handily out-brake, out-last, and out-perform massive non-vehicle application specific OEM swap kits, and rivals much more expensive top-tier systems. Whereas most systems on the market either make heavy sacrifices to either look fancy, cut weight, or cut costs, the APR system is designed to simply brake better, last longer, and stand the test of time!

There is a ton of info on every aspect of this brake system on our website here: Product Page

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Here's a question which prevented me from picking up an APR used kit a year ago.....there wasn't any way to purchase replacement parts (seals, etc). Will this kit allow for purchasing replacement parts through APR?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Are there any brakes out there that can't get you into ABS given the right (or rather, wrong) circumstance? That doesn't seem, to me, like a question that gets you much information unless you're specifying at minimum tire type/condition, tire/brake temperature, driving surface.

Stop distance is something that could probably be compared if they have done a back-to-back test changing only the brakes and controlling for other things to the extent possible. But then we know that if they've kept fluid displacement somewhat close larger surface area applying force on a larger lever will reduce brake distance assuming traction is not the limiting factor. And the physics dictate an increase in thermal capacity.

Tons of things will affect just how much reduction you get so they could really advertise anything. It will, fairly I think, include a disclaimer that your results will vary.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Are there any brakes out there that can't get you into ABS given the right (or rather, wrong) circumstance? That doesn't seem, to me, like a question that gets you much information unless you're specifying at minimum tire type/condition, tire/brake temperature, driving surface.

Stop distance is something that could probably be compared if they have done a back-to-back test changing only the brakes and controlling for other things to the extent possible. But then we know that if they've kept fluid displacement somewhat close larger surface area applying force on a larger lever will reduce brake distance assuming traction is not the limiting factor. And the physics dictate an increase in thermal capacity.

Tons of things will affect just how much reduction you get so they could really advertise anything. It will, fairly I think, include a disclaimer that your results will vary.

I've activated the VW feature that applies full braking force when you press the brake pedal fast and hard. I don't get any discernable cycling with my R on PS4S. I know an R is less likely since the Haldex clutches are supposed to close on decel. Good tires are great but but you can still overwhelm the tires and cause you to stop longer if the pads are too grabby. I know there are many other factors, such as weigh, weight distribution, and surface. And off course, if a Q-tip is behind you in their land yacht or extra large SUV nothing will help.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Does it have enough stopping power to make the ABS cycle? What are the stock braking distances and with this kit?

And what would that tell you? The stock brakes can brake hard enough to activate ABS probably three or four times from 70 mph to 5 mph in a row, then they won't.

Add stickier tires and it gets even worse.

BBK's are installed on these cars for 2 reasons.

1. Looks, in which case the improvement is moot and most of the folks doing it for looks are running around on AS tires, which are the biggest factor in your braking.
2. Tracking, in that case, a proper BBK, pads and fluid will be a huge advantage.

These aren't made for angry old guys that drive slow, so you don't really need any info, do you?

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
BBK's are installed on these cars for 2 reasons.

1. Looks, in which case the improvement is moot and most of the folks doing it for looks are running around on AS tires, which are the biggest factor in your braking.

I feel personally attacked...