GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK7 GTI ECU Upgrade!

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I feel you there, I will check my turbo now! I just can't imagine what the dealer will reply if I called saying: hey the car's running fine! but I need you to replace my turbo for the newer version :confused:
I won't call.. I will go and meet the head of service and explain :D I'll whatsapp you what i sent to all MK7 owners i know in Oman and to our local VW club. I'm guessing the dealer will hate me lol

Dawson

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine is affected, it was one of the first GTI's in Sydney, Australia.
Will wait to see how long it will take for VW Australia to release the recall info.

Go Kart Champion
I couldn't locate mine... Is it closer to the left or right or back side when looking at it from the front?

Dawson

Passed Driver's Ed
Kindi when looking at the engine its on the right hand side of the engine bay, it's right behind the intake tubing, I stuck my phone in and at the back to see it down near the firewall.

Go Kart Champion
Kindi when looking at the engine its on the right hand side of the engine bay, it's right behind the intake tubing, I stuck my phone in and at the back to see it down near the firewall.
Thanks dawson.. My car is now at an auto spa :D so I'll check again once i take it

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
Well, I'm happy to get a new turbo I guess.
rsz_1rsz_imag1300[1].jpg
Does anyone know what the differences between the versions are?
Also, I got confused by the instructions because you guys have driver side on the other side. Just follow the picture arin put up! Very easy to do with a smart phone. I should imagine it's nearly impossible to see with a normal camera or with your eyes hidden all the way back there!

Go Kart Champion

Last edited:

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
Gutted. Arin said he'd seen a VW bulletin to Europe already though :(
Wonder what they've changed on each version?
I want to know when the update goes live so I can get straight in there. Even though the chances are slim, I'm now going to be worried every time I drive my car!

Dawson

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got a mate at Audi who I'm waiting to hear back from to see if he can shead some light on the whole issue. Hopefully I'll hear back from him this week.