GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Customer Sets New MK7 GTI Stock Turbo Quarter Mile Record: 11.8@114.25

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Not that many mods either to get that time.....very impressive....ill pitch for a cooler as well if someone sets up a gofundme

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
After a bit of research I have found that this is not the quickest FWD stock turbo car BUT it appears to be the quickest "Non-stripped" almost full weight FWD stock turbo car in existence.

The only car I have been able to find that is quicker is a full race prepped Neon SRT-4 with stripped interior, A/C delete/power steering delete, no mirrors etc. It ran a 11.58@119. Link: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f56...n-93oct-pump-gas-11-58-119-video-link-658985/

But regardless, he has the quickest non race prepped FWD stock turbo car that I can find right now. Id also like to thank him for his service and if someone starts a kickstarter or whatever I will pitch in.

Last edited:

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I am not even american however I will pitch $10 towards the fund. Nice to see people getting out there and pushing the limits of the vehicles.

This is how we learn people!!!

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
After a bit of research I have found that this is not the quickest FWD stock turbo car BUT it appears to be the quickest "Non-stripped" almost full weight FWD stock turbo car in existence.

The only car I have been able to find that is quicker is a full race prepped Neon SRT-4 with stripped interior, A/C delete/power steering delete, no mirrors etc. It ran a 11.58@119. Link: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f56...n-93oct-pump-gas-11-58-119-video-link-658985/

But regardless, he has the quickest non race prepped FWD stock turbo car that I can find right now. Id also like to thank him for his service and if someone starts a kickstarter or whatever I will pitch in.

that dude did it on pump gas too. wow....but that this is fully race prepped.....I don't doubt this car would go as fast race prepped that way

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
You can't compare the two. The GTI still has a premium interior, which is vastly superior and more heavy, not a tin can (no SRT-4 offense, fast cars for what they are).

Look at the SRT, it was 2340 lbs!

LeGti

Ready to race!
Congrats!!

I'll pitch in too for the dude's next upgrade :) If his main focus is drag racing, not sure an IC is what he'll want most...?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
@LeGti - you're right. He should be spraying meth, its better for shorter sprints. The IC will already be heat soaked as he waits in line, crawling to the stage the car.

I actually mentioned this to him on Vortex, he said he was going to talk to APR.

Then I assume he got deployed.

LeGti

Ready to race!
Good luck to him & the all those in service.

Look forward to his return & next mods. Mentioned his record on French forums: lots of positive responses & pledges to fund next step :)

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
LOL @ WOLF

I read his VS. thread, no doubt the car is fast, but its not high 11's fast.

Much respect for Tyler - Great job breaking into 11's!
People tend to forget that my main goal is not for myself but for the VW performance community.
Tyler contributed with that great time!
My day is March 5th at the Texas Motorplex, Ennis.

As for the "not high 11's fast" - I would be disappointed with an 11.85 - goal is to break the 10.95 stock turbo, stock block, stock head 4 cylinder world record, currently held by an SRT4.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Much respect for Tyler - Great job breaking into 11's!
People tend to forget that my main goal is not for myself but for the VW performance community.
Tyler contributed with that great time!
My day is March 5th at the Texas Motorplex, Ennis.

As for the "not high 11's fast" - I would be disappointed with an 11.85 - goal is to break the 10.95 stock turbo, stock block, stock head 4 cylinder world record, currently held by an SRT4.

Alright March 5th is the date, I (and the members here) want to see time slips for proof that you have the fastest stock turbo GTI, non of this "unofficial" stuff you keep posting.

I read your latest posts on your car, thats a tall work order but if you can pull it off then maybe you have a shot.

Prove me wrong WOLF, hit low 11's / high 10's.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I mean, based on the OP's times not even using an I/C or meth injection, it looks like mid low 11's is DEFINITELY attainable with great traction.

I have a hard time seeing mid 110's being enough for 10's though, and most of our GTI's are trapping 112-114 tuned. A jump to 120 is a huge increase in power. That looks like it may require an IS38 swap.