GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone Use Liqui Moly MoS2 Oil Additive?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I added MoS2 on my 2nd annual oil change, roughly 14.3K miles, so it's been in there for about 4000 miles. I can't really say if there's been an difference in engine noise, since it wasn't noisy to begin with; I just added it for cheap insurance. The only reason I went with MoS2 instead of Ceratec (in spite of the added cost) for one reason: Ceratec will change the color of your oil, such that it will be impossible to visually tell if the oil has moisture contamination. I don't know if it's an issue with the GTI, but I've been around older BMWs enough to be leery of it.

Got it. Are these additives to be dumped only immediately before oil changes?

Per the instructions, you mix whichever additive you're using with the fresh oil before pouring it in, to help mix it and make sure you don't overfill.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Did you use promo code xeperformance? Works for me every time.

Screenshot_20200227-081635.jpg

Does look like it's no longer valid.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yep....used last oil change as an in-between friction modifier for Ceratec.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Here's my latest UOA that includes Ceratec added at the last change. You can see the spike in moly and boron over the last changes which has to be the Ceratec.
Inked18-GOLF-SW-200210_UOA_30K_clean.jpg

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
I added MoS2 on my 2nd annual oil change, roughly 14.3K miles, so it's been in there for about 4000 miles. I can't really say if there's been an difference in engine noise, since it wasn't noisy to begin with; I just added it for cheap insurance. The only reason I went with MoS2 instead of Ceratec (in spite of the added cost) for one reason: Ceratec will change the color of your oil, such that it will be impossible to visually tell if the oil has moisture contamination. I don't know if it's an issue with the GTI, but I've been around older BMWs enough to be leery of it.

Per the instructions, you mix whichever additive you're using with the fresh oil before pouring it in, to help mix it and make sure you don't overfill.

MoS2 changes the color of the oil to dark grey and under light, you can see "metallic" specks of the MoS2 in the oil.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

There is zero reason on the MK7 to be visually assessing your oil that Ceratec/MoS2 will be an issue. The only way to tell what is going on is with a proper used oil analysis.