GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone switch to 17" wheels for daily driving?

dawooj

Passed Driver's Ed
Go for it. I like the ride much better with 17s. Just make sure the new rims will clear the front brakes.

I picked up a set of used rims on offerup for cheap. Only have a picture from my test fit:

Audi A3 rims (8V0601025S) 17x7.5, ET 43, 5 x 112, Continental ControlContact Sport SRS 225/45/17 91W

IMG-4508.JPG

Last edited:

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
I ended up just ordering a set of 18x8 Enkei TS9's with 225 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4's. I didn't want to chance 17" wheels hitting the brakes or research it further.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Last summer I daily drove my worn down 16” winter setup. Granted I don’t have PP brakes, but the ride was cushy with the extra thickness tires (205/65/r16)

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I have bbk and 17s clear just fine. Pay attention to the offset

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I use an Art Replica17 inch for 1/2 the year on my R , fit over the brakes. Gone through 2 winters, have handled the potholes and salt and sand like a champ.1602193609042.png

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I prefer the looks of the 18's but man does the car feel 1000 times better on a lightweight 17" wheel. It gets rid of all of the harshness without having much impact on handling at all. It even eliminated the rattles my car had, turns out the rubber band tires just set up high frequency vibrations.
You have to check each model wheel to see if it clears the PP breaks, a flow formed wheel is more likely.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Just bought these last fall for winter driving. No snow all winter, as you could have guessed.
MSW Type 22 - 17x7.5 - 22lbs. Clears PP brakes.

blizzaks.jpg

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R