GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running CTS Intake Manifold/CTS MPI and upgraded fuel lines?

blackgold

Ready to race!
I'm looking at upgrading fuel lines and wondering if anyone's got this set up and what lines you went with and if you had any issues installing. Will be running flex fuel as well and looking at the PR upgraded line for that.

Thanks for any input!
Brian

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I don't have CTS manifold.

I have the PR performance Fuel Lines and upgraded for PTFE lines.

The biggest Issue is when the fuel lines reach the end of the body channel, under the car where you snake the lines through. You will have to pry the channel open Alot to get the PR fuel line through. The metal fittings of the PR lines are too big pas through the end of the channel. They will go in Smooth from the engine bay all the way to the bottom, it will reach the rear passenger side door. Then you have to pull it out the channel and snake it to your LPFP. Getting out that channel opening is too small. Pry it open and pull the line through.

Also, your original fuel lines are in a Foam Mold under the car. You won't be able to pull the original lines out, until you go under the car with a sharp long razor blade or box cutter to cut the foam in the middle in order to split the 2 lines apart. And be able to pull the main line out.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
IMG_20220907_181908__01.jpg

This area where the fuel lines go through before it goes to the LPFP, you must pray that metal open Alot to allow PR fittings to go through.

blackgold

Ready to race!
View attachment 264455

This area where the fuel lines go through before it goes to the LPFP, you must pray that metal open Alot to allow PR fittings to go through.
Thanks for the reply and the pics.. Making me a little nervous of all of this but should go great! Intake mani, mpi, flex, fuel lines, lpfp all at once.. what could go wrong? lol
I appreciate it.
Brian

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Thanks for the reply and the pics.. Making me a little nervous of all of this but should go great! Intake mani, mpi, flex, fuel lines, lpfp all at once.. what could go wrong? lol
I appreciate it.
Brian
Why are you going with CTS for the intake manifold? I've heard nothing but complaints about it with its fitment, mainly, and performance.

blackgold

Ready to race!
Hadnt seen any negatives. I guess we will see. I've always hated how the plastic manifold looked and wasn't seeing too many other options.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Hadnt seen any negatives. I guess we will see. I've always hated how the plastic manifold looked and wasn't seeing too many other options.
What other mods are you planning? Is this a stock motor car?

Edit: saw the boss 500.

blackgold

Ready to race!
What other mods are you planning? Is this a stock motor car?

Edit: saw the boss 500.
Currently, boss 500, catch can, cts downpipe, borla exhaust with custom midpipe, SAI delete, HG motorsport intercooler, Mishimoto IC pipes CTS intake Stratified pro tuning (ongoing). I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch but that's the majority of it. This round of updates will be RS3 LPFP, flexit flex fuel sensor, upgraded lines, doing the coil wire grounding kit, already had to do a homemade repair on a ground ring that broke on me. AEM 5 bar MAP, got the 4bar map sensor, the CTS intake and CTS 980cc MPI

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Currently, boss 500, catch can, cts downpipe, borla exhaust with custom midpipe, SAI delete, HG motorsport intercooler, Mishimoto IC pipes CTS intake Stratified pro tuning (ongoing). I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch but that's the majority of it. This round of updates will be RS3 LPFP, flexit flex fuel sensor, upgraded lines, doing the coil wire grounding kit, already had to do a homemade repair on a ground ring that broke on me. AEM 5 bar MAP, got the 4bar map sensor, the CTS intake and CTS 980cc MPI
Sounds like a decent kit. What sorta power do those boss kits make? I’m not familiar.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I've heard the CTS manifold doesn't seal well against the head and require RTV. I've also heard of fitment issues with the PR MPI rail and this manifold; that the injector clips interfere with the runners.

blackgold

Ready to race!
I've heard the CTS manifold doesn't seal well against the head and require RTV. I've also heard of fitment issues with the PR MPI rail and this manifold; that the injector clips interfere with the runners.
I'll make sure to pay attention to the seal. I went with the CTS MPI kit to avoid any problems. Hopefully that was the right decision... LOL
Thanks for the info,
Brian