GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have 18x9 et45 wheels on their car.

WhenzLunch

Ready to race!
I'm looking to get some wheels but don't know if I should be et45 or et30. Wheels are 18x9. I don't want to have issues.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
Look up AR1's car journal. He has RSe10 18x9 ET45 with 245/40/18. I'm doing the same setup as well, Just need to pick up the wheels and tires. Hoping to try 255/35/18s after this set of 245s but we'll see.

JJ

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
these are 18x9 et 45 with 255/30s all around, another 15mm further out wouldn't work or look good

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
these are 18x9 et 45 with 255/30s all around, another 15mm further out wouldn't work or look good

Nice... How much did you lower and what camber are you running front and rear? From the other pics looks like 255-35-18 (not 30 which is good since that is the size I wanted to run). Looks like your track it...I assume no rubbing issues?

*edit* - found the rest of the shots on BCForged.

Thx
JJ

Last edited:

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I ran 9 et30 with a 205/40 on my mk6, sat perfect fender to lip up front and same at -4 camber rear. was bagged.

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
Nice... How much did you lower and what camber are you running front and rear? From the other pics looks like 255-35-18 (not 30 which is good since that is the size I wanted to run). Looks like your track it...I assume no rubbing issues?

*edit* - found the rest of the shots on BCForged.

Thx
JJ

Sorry, I meant 255-35, my car has 19s so I run 30 series. That's a car local to me, it has factory shocks with DCC and I believe they're Emmanuel springs. He says even being stage 3+ he has no rubbing issues at all, my cousin rode in it and he confirmed it didn't rub either

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
Sorry, I meant 255-35, my car has 19s so I run 30 series. That's a car local to me, it has factory shocks with DCC and I believe they're Emmanuel springs. He says even being stage 3+ he has no rubbing issues at all, my cousin rode in it and he confirmed it didn't rub either

Thanks, mainly was wondering if it had any rubbing at the track. Much higher cornering loads there. Doesn't look like he has a lot of camber (if any more than stock).

Overall it looks like a safe combo.

JJ

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Thanks, mainly was wondering if it had any rubbing at the track. Much higher cornering loads there. Doesn't look like he has a lot of camber (if any more than stock).

Overall it looks like a safe combo.

JJ

I've been researching this extensively since I'm going to race next year with 255/35/18. That's the most square setup I can see working on this car and it will just barely fit. I'll eventually get the KW DDC coilovers, and they should work as well, provided of course you're at a reasonable height for track use and not trying to scrape the car everywhere you go.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I've been researching this extensively since I'm going to race next year with 255/35/18. That's the most square setup I can see working on this car and it will just barely fit. I'll eventually get the KW DDC coilovers, and they should work as well, provided of course you're at a reasonable height for track use and not trying to scrape the car everywhere you go.
Dont go KW DDC. I was looking at them and all i ever found online was bad reviews on them, clunking, bad springs, stuff like that. If you do give them a try order from a euro dealer as they are $2200ish shipped to you vs $3200 thru US retailers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Dont go KW DDC. I was looking at them and all i ever found online was bad reviews on them, clunking, bad springs, stuff like that. If you do give them a try order from a euro dealer as they are $2200ish shipped to you vs $3200 thru US retailers.

Interesting, I haven't read any bad reviews yet. I've mostly found bmw guys using them though. I just like the DCC feature in this car a lot and don't want to sacrifice that. I've done the coilover dance where i jump from corner to corner of the car counting clicks and writing them down, but i'm older, busier, and lazier now. KW seems to have the only plug and play solution.

I'd prefer if someone were to make just a dampener for DCC cars since I'm fine with the ride height and firmness of these cars...

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Interesting, I haven't read any bad reviews yet. I've mostly found bmw guys using them though. I just like the DCC feature in this car a lot and don't want to sacrifice that. I've done the coilover dance where i jump from corner to corner of the car counting clicks and writing them down, but i'm older, busier, and lazier now. KW seems to have the only plug and play solution.

I'd prefer if someone were to make just a dampener for DCC cars since I'm fine with the ride height and firmness of these cars...
Vwroc is where the reviews are if i remember. They are from February so very recent problems. Just google kw ddc golf r reviews and it should show

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Vwroc is where the reviews are if i remember. They are from February so very recent problems. Just google kw ddc golf r reviews and it should show

I keep looking around, but I still haven't seen any negative reviews. got any specific links?

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion

Bugger. That's just unfortunate. Sucks to have to deal with that for that guy. I guess I'll stick to stock until I get a proper car for track use.

I know the clubsport uses the same dampeners as the gti. Maybe some slightly lower and stiffer, linear springs might not be terrible, but traditionally i stay away from aftermarket springs on stock shocks because they generally destroy ride quality and the dampener.

Wonder what madface is running to fit those wheels/tires