GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else have the production spec papers?

xustu

I'm wondering if anyone else happened upon the stuff I found in my glovebox in their new R as well.

I swapped up from a 2013 TDI 6MT to a 2015 Golf R that happened to land at my local dealer this Saturday. In the glove box, I found a treasure trove of taped up papers, including the huge production spec printout they tap to the underside of the hood while on the assembly line. It's got the production date -- looks like 2014-11-22 -- and all the 3 character codes on it.

The little barcode sheets with details on the airbag and general model information all have a red 234 handwritten on them. Think that means I've got #234 of the 500? The dealer did confirm the car was originally a pre-order placed by another dealership a couple hours away.

I guess it's kind of nerdy, but the huge spec sheet seems like a nifty collector poster.

You can see an example of the sheet I'm talking about here: https://youtu.be/Q_7vgBLfz7o?t=551

Is there any way to figure out for sure which number the car is? Maybe a badge hidden away somewhere or maybe it's hidden in the VIN somewhere?

Thanks!

Last edited:

u2marcelo

Passed Driver's Ed
Would gladly keep the assembly cheat sheet if my car came with it (it didn't). Your car was assembled on a Saturday, which would explain the glitch. If you looked, you'd probably find an empty beer can under the driver's seat :D

xustu

That's what that stray Hasseröder can was all about! I figured that was where the true German engineered new car smell came from.

James75

Go Kart Champion
Looks like you have the spec codes or option codes, there's a list of them, well some of them here in some posts. In the UK when we order a factory car we can ask for these to check our options.

If you like that is your Golf 'DNA'

Never seen that, but I'd love to have got that with my car!

This might help

http://vag-codes.info/files/options/vag-option-codes.pdf

I see 3B7

which is

Child seat anchor according to Canadian requirements and child seat system ISOFIX

James

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
If the R was a classic car, having the production sheet for the vehicle would add substantially to the value of the car. Hold onto the sheet, it might be worth a lot of money in a few decades.

xustu

snip...

I see 3B7

which is

Child seat anchor according to Canadian requirements and child seat system ISOFIX

I went ahead and typed each and every code into the handy little VW/Audi/Seat/Škoda Option Codes Decoder and indeed I saw the same result for 3B7. Oddly, I've also got the following:

Klimazonen (or "climates"): 0Y4 = Cold and tropical climatic zones (US)
Motorkuerlung (or "engine cooling"): 8Z6 = Hot country

Seems my R is ready for the hot, cold, and tropical parts of Canada.

The dealer did mention the original dealership was in Orchard Park, outside of Buffalo, which is damn near Canada. Up in my neck of the woods, I'm only 30 miles south of the border as well. The dash reads in MPH, but it sure sounds like this specific car was intended to be up north.

Stevie1

Ready to race!
Interesting - Date string - 48-3-4014 Maybe week 48, 23rd of November + 3rd day of week 48, 26th of November = Day before Thanksgiving :).

No idea about the 40, 14 is obviously the Year ...

I've seen a similar list codes on the back page of the handbook / drivers manual - On skoda's they put some of these options on a plate in the engine compartment.

Now we are letting our inner nerd out ...

James75

Go Kart Champion
I went ahead and typed each and every code into the handy little VW/Audi/Seat/Škoda Option Codes Decoder and indeed I saw the same result for 3B7. Oddly, I've also got the following:

Klimazonen (or "climates"): 0Y4 = Cold and tropical climatic zones (US)
Motorkuerlung (or "engine cooling"): 8Z6 = Hot country

Seems my R is ready for the hot, cold, and tropical parts of Canada.

The dealer did mention the original dealership was in Orchard Park, outside of Buffalo, which is damn near Canada. Up in my neck of the woods, I'm only 30 miles south of the border as well. The dash reads in MPH, but it sure sounds like this specific car was intended to be up north.

It makes you wonder how different say a US spec car is to a Europ spec car, probably more than we think.

I forget US is MPH and Canada is KPH - I have been the US and Canada and I remember this :)

Interesting :)

James

xustu

Interesting - Date string - 48-3-4014 Maybe week 48, 23rd of November + 3rd day of week 48, 26th of November = Day before Thanksgiving :)

I think you're pretty close. On the far left of the sheet, printed vertically I see 22.11.14. Growing up north of the border, I recognized the Day Month Year date format and figured that was the production date. Maybe Monday is the start of the week in Germany, similar to France?

Stevie1

Ready to race!
I think you're pretty close. On the far left of the sheet, printed vertically I see 22.11.14. Growing up north of the border, I recognized the Day Month Year date format and figured that was the production date. Maybe Monday is the start of the week in Germany, similar to France?

Yes, spent some time working in Germany and France, seem to recall that was how they did it.

Maybe that is the date the sheet was printed, before the build week on the Saturday? Gives time for components to be checked and moved onto the production line for build.

If it was the Monday then your car really is a Turkey - LOL ...

Last edited: