GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else aching to put the proposed GTI Clubsport rear spoiler on their R?

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
This is making me drool:

Attachments

• VW-Golf-GTI-Clubsport-7.JPG
    VW-Golf-GTI-Clubsport-7.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 42,860

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Looks nice but not needed. I usually refrain from unneeded looks modifications. Of course the definition of "unneeded" is always in the eye of the beholder.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Looks like a complete replacement of the existing spoiler, and the side wings... Will likely cost an arm and a leg
That front bumper looks nice

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Looks like a complete replacement of the existing spoiler, and the side wings... Will likely cost an arm and a leg
That front bumper looks nice

If you look closely at the 1st image, you can see that the black airfoil section mates up against what looks like the body colored original GTI (and R) roof spoiler. The new side wings then attach to both the window glass and the bottom of the black airfoil section.

Even if this is a several hundred dollars, that would be no more than what Oettinger is charging for their spoiler add-on. and the parts would be "factory" pieces--and look like it.

jjm51

Ready to race!
1st edit;

wheel and tire specs anybody?

liking the drop and tires and overall look in that area quite a bit. curious how it drives with this set-up. not diggin' the wheels. that's fixable. still; hoping some of this will be available to us.

this is making me drool al. ;)

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
Not sure I like the front bumper now I have seen it outside an artists impression, the grille duct parts in black looks very "stuck on" if you ask me. Also I read the side skirt is different, but I can't see it.
If I had to pick one part that may seem interesting it would be the rear diffuser but only if it actually does reduce lift. If not I'm not sure it can be called a rear diffuser.

Hoping the club sport is also a reduction in weight instead of just a HP increase. In fact I would happily exchange the HP for weight reduction but I guess I might be in the minority

GGray

Ready to race!
That looks real close to the prototype R400 bodywork..

Hmm I actually dig the Club Sport GTI... I'd take one of those...

Still going to hold out to see what happens with the R400

Kilter

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd like to see it in person/video walk around just to get a better idea of how well it fits the body lines/flows with the car. Other than that, yeah I like what I see so far