GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any problems with state inspection on EQT Stage 1 tune?

Searched but couldn’t find anything specific. I have the standard Stage 1 EQT 91 octane tune with DSG tune. I’d rather not flash back to stock if I don’t have to. Anyone have any experience with passing emissions on the tune?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I had one not ready but my county allows one, so it passed just fine on stage 2 with a DP.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Emissions?

Bwuahahahahahahahahaha

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I've got EQT stage 2 (with spacer of course) and it shows readiness on all. I sort of assumed their stage 1 would be G2G - not like Unitronics.

The only thing I'm worried about is failing visual inspection - I have a pipe with cat but it's hard to see from the top. My plan is to leave it and find whichever smog shack within 5 miles has the most stoner looking dude. Backup plan if he says something about the pipe is to wave a $50 at him. If all that fails, I guess I'll be swapping back to stock gear for a day or two.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've got EQT stage 2 (with spacer of course) and it shows readiness on all. I sort of assumed their stage 1 would be G2G - not like Unitronics.

The only thing I'm worried about is failing visual inspection - I have a pipe with cat but it's hard to see from the top. My plan is to leave it and find whichever smog shack within 5 miles has the most stoner looking dude. Backup plan if he says something about the pipe is to wave a $50 at him. If all that fails, I guess I'll be swapping back to stock gear for a day or two.

If he's a stoner 50 bucks and a few joints should work. 😂