GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any meetups in the Aurora/Denver area?

68wooley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG/DCC
Right - couple of route suggestions:

Golden Gate / Peak to Peak / Coal Creek Canyon (about a 90 minute drive, starting from Golden)

Squaw Pass Road to Idaho Springs (about an hour, starting from Wooly Mammoth parking lot off I70 just west of 470)

Lakewood to Deckers via Foxton Road (about an hour - starting at Sonic off 470)

Guanella Pass, Poudre Canyon Road, Loveland Pass and State Route 9 /11 from Canon City back up to Woodland Park are all recommended, but longer routes.

On the weekends, kinda doesn't matter which route you go; if you want quiet roads, you need to go EARLY.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Right - couple of route suggestions:

Golden Gate / Peak to Peak / Coal Creek Canyon (about a 90 minute drive, starting from Golden)

Squaw Pass Road to Idaho Springs (about an hour, starting from Wooly Mammoth parking lot off I70 just west of 470)

Lakewood to Deckers via Foxton Road (about an hour - starting at Sonic off 470)

Guanella Pass, Poudre Canyon Road, Loveland Pass and State Route 9 /11 from Canon City back up to Woodland Park are all recommended, but longer routes.

On the weekends, kinda doesn't matter which route you go; if you want quiet roads, you need to go EARLY.
Thanks! Gonna go through the routes. Text folks. See what they prefer. I appreciate the leg work!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Golden Gate comes out on to Peak to Peak north of Blackhawk. You can switch it up and take Clear Creek Canyon road from Golden to Blackhawk, but I think Golden Gate is more fun to drive.
I’m gonna agree. I dig the golden gate route more. Everyone cool with 630am?

kBoi

Car(s)
2020 GTI S
6:30am is fine with me.

I’ll know for sure the week of the ride. I may head home for the weekend. Not sure yet.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
How about 7am hahaha. Which date were you guys thinking of?
Check out post #429 all the info is there and I’ll be updating it regularly. So far it’ll be July 3rd. First Saturday of the month. Still waiting on others to kick in their 2 cents.