GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another New Happy Owner :)

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Hello All,

Another new GTI owner here! :)
Got a CSG 4-door manual SE right before Christmas and it's been wonderful! This is our first VW in the family.

This is an "upgrade" for me after the last couple of years driving the kiddos in a Honda Odyssey. It's soooo nice going back driving a "sport" car with a manual tranny. Before the minivan, I had a E36 M3 and an M Coupe, but sold all the toys when we started a family. :)
Now the wife took over the minivan and I can have something a bit more sporty.

Looking forward to learn from and contribute to the community!

First day

Window tint
Full bra
Full Opti-Coat
Currently on a winter set, stock wheels sitting cozy in the basement
Soundaktor off!

I have 975 on the odo now and have been babying the car with no WOT or rev above 4K. Unfortunately, even after hitting 1K, I hate to push the winter tires. :(

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Did the dealer do this for you? When I asked could I have the Soundaktor disabled with the dealer, they were a little confused to what this was lol

I also asked the dealer/service manager and was told it cannot be adjusted or disabled... :rolleyes:

I ended doing it myself, unplugging the cable off the unit. It's soooo easy. There's a YouTube video that someone posted earlier. It's literally a 5-minute job tops.
Love love love the car without the fake noise!

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Congratulations!
I'm a father of twin boys who are now 13 years old.
I had a MK6 for the past 4 years, and now have a MK7.
The GTI particularly in 4 door is a great choice for a guy with a family who wants to have his proverbial cake and eat it too.
The wife can't accuse us of being selfish because it's a four door car with plenty of room in the back and in the hatch.
Plus, it's front wheel drive so it's not crippled in the snow.

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Congratulations!
The GTI particularly in 4 door is a great choice for a guy with a family who wants to have his proverbial cake and eat it too.
The wife can't accuse us of being selfish because it's a four door car with plenty of room in the back and in the hatch.

We have the same thought process! :)

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Do you mind comparing your GTI to the E36 M3 and an M Coupe? Thanks!

I haven't had enough seat time to give the GTI a fair comparison. Just finally broke 1K miles and still running snow tires. :)

I tracked and autocrossed the M3 and M Coupe and plan to take the GTI to a couple open track days, nothing too crazy... It'll be interesting to learn its FWD dynamic on the track, all my past cars have been RWD.

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Congrats on the new Gti. I've had Audi's and Mercs in the past, and other VW's and yet I always seem to go back to the good ol' Gti.. This one will be my 4th over the yrs. Just love driving them. Makes me feel young again. I went with a 4dr (so i can drop off my kids at the bus stop lol) 6SP MT. SE Couldn't be happier with it. Can't say I've been babying it though.. Red line out the showroom. Only got 200 miles on the clock.. TBH, I'll only keep her til the warranty runs out anyway. So what the hell !

DjLovesick

Congratulations!

I have a 4 month old and 3 year old and I must say she wanted me to buy a VW Caddy.