GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

...And things just escalated...

A while ago I posted a thread asking for suggestions about a problem I had with a cat jumping on my car and leaving it full of prints. I took no action, I figured it was only paw prints, no biggie. I was wrong.

That little furry a$$hole just turned it up a few notches when it decided to, I think, SHARPEN ITS CLAWS on my car. Check the pic and you will see what... "present" it left for me, right near the antenna on the roof.

It goes without saying that now I covered my car (McGivered it. Not a classy looking solution, but as long as it's safe, that's all I care) and hopefully it will be it, no more damage, but I am fuming now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 1,082

Mellor1

Passed Driver's Ed
Holy crap buddy that's shocking, sorry to see it mate! Problem is what the hell can you do to stop it? Animal owners standard response is "well what would you like me to do about it?" But hopefully you'll get something sorted.

Holy crap buddy that's shocking, sorry to see it mate! Problem is what the hell can you do to stop it? Animal owners standard response is "well what would you like me to do about it?" But hopefully you'll get something sorted.

Yeah, when I saw it today I was shocked. And pissed off to thermonuclear levels.

I just covered all the areas. So now the ugly beast will walk on soft, thick fabric (old, crappy looking army blankets, so no one should take them) and I hope this will be enough.

Not an elegant solution, but if it's effective, that's all I care for... I had to move quickly, I can't just let that thing shred my paint to bits.

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
Time to electrify the car surface!!

MIKE2

Try using naphthalene. Cats hate that smell...

Just place a few bags (with the bottom protected so that it wont be in contact with your paint) on the top, and the cat should avoid it.

that's terrible. can't you get a car cover?

do you know the owner of the cat?

The original VW car cover for the Mk VII looks like it's a real hassle to put on (it's so tight, it looks like a car condom) and for that reason it's a no go.

I will look if I can find a generic car cover, something that is quick and easy to put on. I am not positive I can find one, but I will give it a very good try.

But I had to prevent further damage, that's why I had to improvise with whatever was in the house.

No, I don't know what cat did this. I just see paw prints all over my car and I know from other people that they see those too. I wish I knew what cat did this...

Sorry to hear bud. Be careful with car covers too. If your car is dusty and its windy outside you will also scratch the paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion! At least I am ok with that as the town's parking garage is all closed up on the floor I have my rented space. That darn cat needs to enter the parking garage and then go 1 floor up to scratch my car (and obviously it does exactly that!)...

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Try using naphthalene. Cats hate that smell...

Just place a few bags (with the bottom protected so that it wont be in contact with your paint) on the top, and the cat should avoid it.
It's also highly toxic to humans and animals.

I would try vinegar first, saturate the area around the parking spot.

mikef4uk

Ready to race!
Befriend the cat and when no one is looking take it for a ride and leave it there, a friend of mine used to do this but said some do make it back, his answer to that was to take them the other side of a river, that used to confuse them apparently :)