GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Amplifier Installation

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
I took apart the dash to see how to swap the Navi and regular radio stereos. Because there is a Navi radio for sale on ebay.

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
I've also ordered the HID/LED factory headlight conversion with wiring harness. They were $2000 at discounted prices. They are supposed to take 2 weeks to get? I will probably be the first person to do the conversion.

chid

Ready to race!
so why does the kit is so expensive? you could find some replicas much cheaper...I think SHFT here on the forum installed them. (not sure about the HID part though..)

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
The high level inputs lose quality in sound and the lc2i has accubass. Two big reasons why I didn't do those two options. Both options have audio remote turn on.

No they don't. The same circuitry built into the LC2i to reduce the signal to line level is exactly the same as what's in the V9. VW radios don't have a roll off on the low end so the accubass won't be helping you out. It really is a waste of money in these cars. But, it is your money. I can't make you not waste it.

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
No they don't. The same circuitry built into the LC2i to reduce the signal to line level is exactly the same as what's in the V9. VW radios don't have a roll off on the low end so the accubass won't be helping you out. It really is a waste of money in these cars. But, it is your money. I can't make you not waste it.
I can tell you for a fact that MY radio rolls off bass at 1/2 to 3/4 volume. (it distorts after 3/4 volume, even earlier, so no need to play it louder than that). After using the LC2i, it's definitely better. I wouldn't know if the circuitry is the same in your v9 but most amps DO NOT produce the same quality input signal with high level setups.

calico031

I can tell you for a fact that MY radio rolls off bass at 1/2 to 3/4 volume. (it distorts after 3/4 volume, even earlier, so no need to play it louder than that). After using the LC2i, it's definitely better. I wouldn't know if the circuitry is the same in your v9 but most amps DO NOT produce the same quality input signal with high level setups.

Do you have fender audio or basic? I think the fender rolls off bass while the basic stereo does not.

chid

Ready to race!
I have Fender and I cannot tell if it rolls off the bass because I cannot listen to high volume, the distortions literally hurt my ears...
I hope I can tell you soon as I'm installing my new amp and subwoofer and LC2i :D