GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Amplifier Installation

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
So I've got most of the installation done. My last obstacle to tackle is to find a remote wire location, but I want the amplifier to turn on when the radio is on even with the ignition in the off position. Does anyone know if the radio has an amplifier turn on wire from the cd player harness?

I plan on doing an Audio Control LC7 which has speaker sensing amplifier turn on. But until I get one, I'd like to install my amplifier.

chid

Ready to race!
What did you install?
I plan to install a subwoofer in the trunk, using the wires from the Fender subwoofer with a LC2i.

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
Yeah I decided to just bite the bullet and buy a LC2i

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
I'm putting an Alpine PDX-V9 and custom false floor with plexiglass.

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
I'll make a build thread as soon I start it. I won't have time til next week to get started.

chid

Ready to race!
Did you install the power cable?
I'm looking to see where I can install it in the relay box inside engine compartment and how to bring it to the trunk on the right side of the car.
Also, did you install the ground in the trunk?
thanks!

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
I'm pretty sure the V9 has high level inputs and an auto turn on circuit. I'd go that route rather than add the LC2i.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
The high level inputs lose quality in sound and the lc2i has accubass. Two big reasons why I didn't do those two options. Both options have audio remote turn on.