GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alzor 349 on MK7?

q2quest

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 Golf 2.5 manual
I stumbled across this wheel on the ECS Tuning website and was surprised I hadn't heard of it before. It looks very similar to the VMR wheel. A quick internet search revealed a ton of photos of that wheel on the MK5 and MK6 GTIs, but I couldn't find any photos of the wheel on a MK7. Did this wheel fall out of favor with people?

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Made in China.

So are a lot of great aftermarket products -- not to mention most of the electronics you buy.

SRoads

Ready to race!
Alzor wheels have TUV, JWL, VIA stamps on them. So they have went though several certification processes.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Alzor wheels have TUV, JWL, VIA stamps on them. So they have went though several certification processes.

Yep. Even replica wheels have to meet certain standards and all carry those stamps.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I have friends who swear by alzor wheels. They weigh a medium amount, and they're not horrible quality. One of those friends hit a curb while understeering at 25 (wheel was parallel with the curb) and bounced off. The wheel was unrecoverable as a chunk of the rim had come off, but the damage was pretty minimal considering. I wouldn't be concerned about breaking one on the average pothole. Also, each wheel only costs just over $100 so replacement is relatively painless.

Personally the weight of each wheel is too much. They weigh about the same as stock Austins, which isn't a big deal if all you care about is looks, but even my RPF1's, as far as I'm aware the lightest mass produced wheels you can buy for our cars, make for a heavier setup than the steelies I started with by nearly 5lbs per corner, and for me performance is everything.

Last edited:

q2quest

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 Golf 2.5 manual
I was just curious because many Mk5 and Mk6 owners purchased them. Then VMR became popular for the Mk7, but their wheels look almost the same. But I guess VMR has more modern finishes.

nikhsub1

What?
So are a lot of great aftermarket products -- not to mention most of the electronics you buy.

Really? I guess your definition of great is different than mine. There are certain things I would never buy made in China - electronics are not one of those as electronics is what China excels at. Car parts, not so much.

Means very little.

I was just curious because many Mk5 and Mk6 owners purchased them. Then VMR became popular for the Mk7, but their wheels look almost the same. But I guess VMR has more modern finishes.

VMR is chinese garbage as well. When I say that, I mean think of them as expendable. VMRs stock finishes are not great and chip pretty easy. Also, wheels will sometimes have defects/deformities. This happens to cheap gravity cast wheels which is what all these rep wheels are.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Yep. Even replica wheels have to meet certain standards and all carry those stamps.

I don't think XXR and Drag meet those standards. I could be wrong though.

Alzors are replica wheels. They do the job. They're not lightweight by any means. If you are just looking to get different wheels, there's nothing wrong with them. Imho anyways.

SRoads

Ready to race!
Really? I guess your definition of great is different than mine. There are certain things I would never buy made in China - electronics are not one of those as electronics is what China excels at. Car parts, not so much.

Means very little.

VMR is chinese garbage as well. When I say that, I mean think of them as expendable. VMRs stock finishes are not great and chip pretty easy. Also, wheels will sometimes have defects/deformities. This happens to cheap gravity cast wheels which is what all these rep wheels are.

Please, tell us what wheels we should use...or what you sell?

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R