GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airlift 3P and Raceland Setup - Only 1 year/13k miles of usage

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Not a feeler anymore ...... only 1 year of usage ..... Has performed flawlessly.

Fits 2015-2021

Airlift 3P kit (management, controller, compressor, tank) - $1955
Raceland Setup (has lifetime warranty) (includes F/R shocks/bags, control arms, links) - $1039
New total - $2994

Sale would include compressor silencer, additional fittings, water trap and air lines (recommend replacing though).

Looking for $1500 obro
A72450EC-2924-4517-8801-83F898BDB814.jpeg
E61CDBB0-ABC9-4ABC-A9F0-FA0E28972F7A.jpeg
08CB6B90-1592-46D8-A4DA-27E581DA48C4.jpegA2C5B05C-7DD7-43EA-8CDE-147C762B104F.jpeg663A64BC-85B0-42DF-90CD-C425AE9732C4.jpeg3D64592C-6A6B-413B-A048-6320E3AC6B01.jpeg1575065D-38C5-4795-9A0F-E4154699A0B8.jpeg78783CF4-CB98-49C6-B20E-D71032659B00.jpeg128D973A-863B-4D52-A5EC-6132453DF344.jpeg

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So why is she not a fan of it?
She’s not a fan of any mod lol, but doesn’t really like the ride. She’s not going to like it’s replacement either, but it’s all due to her TBI…..massive accident back in 2016 and her neck/head can barely take her Ford Edge suspension

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That sucks. What's the replacement?
don't know yet.....talking with Adam about either coilovers or a spring/shock combo if I can find the right height that I like.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Is this kit GTI specific or will if fit an R also? Been looking at options for a while now. Love the lowered look, but with a family I cand go low full time due to bottoming out. This might be a good solution.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Is this kit GTI specific or will if fit an R also? Been looking at options for a while now. Love the lowered look, but with a family I cand go low full time due to bottoming out. This might be a good solution.
So according to the Raceland website they actually have a different kit for an R. I’m not sure exactly what the difference would be, but expect it’s for the rear end due to being awd

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It’s the same kit. They just use the numbers for tracking, raceland does that with coilovers too.. the classic kit is the same for the r and GtI that they physically send out.

All mqb cars use the same air strut kits (regardless of brand) *except universal air they actually use different bags and match dampers depending on the weight and travel expected from each vehicle

- gti,a3,golf r,Tiguan,atlas,Arteon… it’s the same kit brands like airlift actually send out.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
AJ in for the win! Thanks bro

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
The misses about slapped me at the mere mention of such destroying of the car.......so looks like I'm out. Good luck with the sale!!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Something that I learned from having air ride is, it’s probabaly the number one thing that if you tell a non car person about it, they will have the MOST perplexed confusion on “why” 😂😂. like with plenty of other mods they will not get it or understand fully but if it’s like something to go faster even though they are like “why do you need to go that fast” they get that we do it to go faster. Or same with wheels or cosmetics - they get that we like the look.

But telling and showing them it’s so you can park the car laying on the ground… that’s very confusing 😂😂 hell it’s confusing to me why I love it so much

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The misses about slapped me at the mere mention of such destroying of the car.......so looks like I'm out. Good luck with the sale!!
Totally get it bro…no worries 🤙🏼

Something that I learned from having air ride is, it’s probabaly the number one thing that if you tell a non car person about it, they will have the MOST perplexed confusion on “why” 😂😂. like with plenty of other mods they will not get it or understand fully but if it’s like something to go faster even though they are like “why do you need to go that fast” they get that we do it to go faster. Or same with wheels or cosmetics - they get that we like the look.

But telling and showing them it’s so you can park the car laying on the ground… that’s very confusing 😂😂 hell it’s confusing to me why I love it so much
This

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
no one wants a pristine air ride kit? You'll love it.....keep thinking about it...I'll be here lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
you know you want this