GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
This is the exact setup I am looking....very nice! Do I absolutely need the spacer in the rear? Can you share a link for the rims please?
I would say yes to the spacer unless a) you drive a golf R, b) you run a 245 or 235 width tire) or c) you have no plans to drive aggressively or haul anything. 3mm spacers are like 50 bucks though and then you can throw anything at the car and it won’t rub.

The wheels are here: https://neuspeedrswheels.com/collec.../neuspeed-rse11r-88112?variant=31935766102129

Mine are 18x9 ET45 in gloss gunmetal

modified.mk7

Car(s)
Golf GTI
This is my first post.

I have a set of Superspeed FR03RR's that will be going on my MK7 GTI. They are 18x8.5 ET35 and will be going on 225/40 R18 tires. What lowering springs can I go with that won't creating rubbing problems. I would be willing to do the fender screw mod but I will not be pulling or rolling the fenders. I don't really want to go super low anyways and would likely not go lower than H&R or VWR springs, although I may be open to Neuspeed Springs or Eibach Sportline. And to Mr. Camber Plate himself, Impulsive.ca, I do not want to run camber plates. ;)

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
That size tire will be stretched on an 8.5" wide wheel. That said, I doubt it'll rub with a subtle drop. If it does, then you should highly consider upgrading the struts (assuming you don't have dcc), as they probably have too much travel. They'll also wear down a lot faster with lowering springs.

modified.mk7

Car(s)
Golf GTI
That size tire will be stretched on an 8.5" wide wheel. That said, I doubt it'll rub with a subtle drop. If it does, then you should highly consider upgrading the struts (assuming you don't have dcc), as they probably have too much travel. They'll also wear down a lot faster with lowering springs.
I would much prefer to have a 235 or 245 tire, but I currently have stock 225's with tons of life on them so it only would make sense to keep them, even if they will be stretched. What is your fender to ground measurement with the MSS springs?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
No idea. The front is barely lower than stock. The rear looks lower, but the wheel arches in the back are naturally lower than the front. No raking in the front or back from what I can tell by looking at the rockers to ground clearances.

If I had to do it again I'd just get vwr, or APR springs and forget about the adjustable shit.

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
This is my first post.

I have a set of Superspeed FR03RR's that will be going on my MK7 GTI. They are 18x8.5 ET35 and will be going on 225/40 R18 tires. What lowering springs can I go with that won't creating rubbing problems. I would be willing to do the fender screw mod but I will not be pulling or rolling the fenders. I don't really want to go super low anyways and would likely not go lower than H&R or VWR springs, although I may be open to Neuspeed Springs or Eibach Sportline. And to Mr. Camber Plate himself, Impulsive.ca, I do not want to run camber plates. ;)
Same wheels but 45 offset. I too had some perfectly good 225s and really wanted to save money but two different tire shops talked me out of it. 235s fit great. Could go 245. I’m lowered 1.9” and have never rubbed but coming from tdi sportwagen height so different. Pics so you can see how much room you have for your 35 offset

9DB909C1-6CE3-432C-9F82-896A5D74290C.jpeg
FB9B61FA-035B-4A6E-8FFA-291F8699B028.jpeg
9C48B54A-515F-4E2A-A01B-DE0F2D5B2B9A.jpeg

Last edited:

modified.mk7

Car(s)
Golf GTI

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
17x9 ET40.. MK7.5 GTI, yay or nay? Not stanced by all means, but will be on APR lowering springs or maybe H&R. Looking for functionality.

What’s the widest tire I could run without issue? I see some using a 40R17 over a 45R17. Any issues and would that look stupid?

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
17x9 ET40.. MK7.5 GTI, yay or nay? Not stanced by all means, but will be on APR lowering springs or maybe H&R. Looking for functionality.

What’s the widest tire I could run without issue? I see some using a 40R17 over a 45R17. Any issues and would that look stupid?
The widest I've tested and seen are 265/35/18 B-stone RE-71R. Would need a spacer for the passenger rear wheel on a GTI, not an R.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI

With that offset you'd most likely need camber plates up front if you're on lowering springs, then you should be able to fit 255/40R17.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
With that offset you'd most likely need camber plates up front if you're on lowering springs, then you should be able to fit 255/40R17.
What tire size would you recommend without messing with the alignment too much? Wondering if the offset is just too much