GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket heads?

golfRdaddy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17R / 16R
I daily drove my IE stage 2+ e85 flex. Best bang for your buck if you don't want to go LPFP/ MPI. IE Stage 3 was a ripoff ngl.

Adam071406

Passed Driver's Ed
I daily drove my IE stage 2+ e85 flex. Best bang for your buck if you don't want to go LPFP/ MPI. IE Stage 3 was a ripoff ngl.
Thank you. For some reason I was thinking unitronic was IE, lol. I totally overlooked IE. How is your stage 2+ 93oct map compared to APR stage 2 93oct high torque? Would I lose power running IE’s flex-fuel tune with 93 in the tank?

Attachments

• IMG_7450.jpeg
    IMG_7450.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 7

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Who is the top MK7R flex-fuel tuner?
in what sense? fastest 1/4 mile? most popular? cheapest? Galano has the records now. UM has an ancient flex fuel patch. Cobb is very meh unless you don't plan on using MPI. Switch patch ("open source") is the nicest implementation but it's mostly DIY.

In what respects?
no idea what he means. flex is very useful for daily driving. maybe he's talking about aftermarket heads?

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Nobody is really doing it on the Cobb AP yet. United Motorsport has their own software and there are a few tuners who do it with SimosTools (open source)
I recall Stratified posted a video recently where they showcased flex with MPI on a GTI with DTR6054 and an S3 with a Garrett Powermax. I think they tune with Cobb AP

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I recall Stratified posted a video recently where they showcased flex with MPI on a GTI with DTR6054 and an S3 with a Garrett Powermax. I think they tune with Cobb AP

You're right. I'll amend my statement to say no one is doing staged / OTS tunes with Cobb yet. There are custom flex tune options out there.