GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adjustable Lowering Springs...

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
So I just scooped up a Arteon 4motion and unfortunately there's not many people modding them.
It looks like KW, ST (which are sister companies) & then H&R offer adjustable lowering spring kits for them....basically a cheap/slip on version of a coilover.
The H&R kit is actually the same for the Golf R, Wagen and the Arteon.

I was leaning towards a ST or KW kit, even though it looks like the H&R kit is identical hardware except for different springs, so I could dial in whatever height I wanted.
My car has DCC too, btw.

Any real world feedback on these kits? Not specifically for the Arteon, but just in general on the MQB platform.
I only found one post on here with someone running the H&R kit, and then someone else mention they were planning on running it but then never followed up.
I've seen nothing but "not great" reviews of the MSS kit, for example.

Am I just better pairing them off with Eibach lowering springs instead of one of these adjustable kits?

Example of a 4motion lowered on Eibachs with 20's:

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Sorry Dan, no experience there but congrats on the new-to-you ride. Don’t see them too often!
Thanks...yeah I haven't seen many of you MK7 guys running the adjustable springs which sound like a cheaper solution to fine tuning a lowering spring height but cheaper than coilovers...just another alternative I guess....other than the MST setup which has bad mixed/bad results it sounds like

For the time being though, I ordered the H&R Sport lowering springs and will try those first

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Only other options I know of, for adjustable lowering spring on a golf R, would be Ground Control and MSS