GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
if I remember correctly I got my black bumperdillo from Acadia18 When I first got my r.......

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
if I remember correctly I got my black bumperdillo from Acadia18 When I first got my r.......

That was an NGP Rearguard I had bought. Didn't like it on my GTI

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Bumperdillo and windshield tint strip gotta go.

I might be more inclined to leave the bumperdillo if it was gloss black like all the other accents and trim, but even then. Just looks so much more clean without it. Windshield strip, while of course it's see through, it's dark enough where in your peripheral vision it just makes the viewing area of the windshield feel that much smaller.

View attachment 275258

Not a fan, it's gotta come off.
Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but how far does that strip go down? Looks damn near half the windshield. Usually it's just done to the AS1 line. Definitely looks distracting, you should only drive East or West depending on the time of day.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
damn, that tint strip is huge.

rip that bumperdillo off and get some PPF in the same spot. mine's saved quite a few paint chips.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Bumperdillo and windshield tint strip gotta go.

I might be more inclined to leave the bumperdillo if it was gloss black like all the other accents and trim, but even then. Just looks so much more clean without it. Windshield strip, while of course it's see through, it's dark enough where in your peripheral vision it just makes the viewing area of the windshield feel that much smaller.

View attachment 275258

Not a fan, it's gotta come off.
Plasti dip the bumper thing, I did it on my old R. Looked great.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I would have just given it to you for free. The bad news is "would have" because it got messed up taking it off. Sorry :(

Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but how far does that strip go down? Looks damn near half the windshield. Usually it's just done to the AS1 line. Definitely looks distracting, you should only drive East or West depending on the time of day.

It's the angle. It's not below the AS1 line, it's right at it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Day 1 update:

Engine appears to be in great health. Swapped the plugs, scoped the cylinders, got a peek at the valves, did a compression test, and installed my grounding kit.

The plugs that were in their, either they're not the original ones, or they look fantastic for 26k miles. Or I underestimate how good 26k mile plugs should look :ROFLMAO:

1678404463005.png

1678404498206.png

Either way, it's got some fresh Ruths in there now.

Cylinders look great. They all pretty much look like this.

1678404542879.png

Only marks on the walls are the machining marks.

1678404563873.png

Valves look good.

1678404628553.png

1678404643413.png

Compression all checked out, even across the board. My tester seems to like reading 145psi max, as that's what both my GTI, my buddies GTI, and my other R all read. But it was flat, which is what I look for.

Got the bumperdillo off, along with the free advertising Carvana license plate frame.

1678404722636.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Anybody know the best\easiest way to get tint off a windshield?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R