GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Quick initial thoughts:

The Carvana Experience: For me was seamless as fuck. There were two other groups of people in there who weren't as happy. I was in and out in 20 minutes. Didn't even bother going for a test drive, since I know I could have just turned around and went back if something was wrong. As far as my car, all they did was verify no check engine lights lol. Even commented though "it's in great condition".

The Car: It's mostly the same. But there are slight difference. 7spd DSG with 26k miles is much better than my 6spd DSG with 80k miles. The steering feels much heavier, even comparing sport mode to sport mode. I love that. But again, that could be due to the age difference. The black Prets are in great condition, and have brand new DWS06+'s on them. Score.

Auto start/stop has gotta go. My heart skips a beat every time I come to a light, and the engine dies.

The windows are tinted, but not at the level I'd like. It looks to be 30% ish? All tint is illegal in RI, so I have to pay $200 to get inspected. Which I don't mind, but if I was doing that, I wish the tint was darker. It also has a super dark tint stripe at the very top of the windshield. I don't think I'm a fan.

Car seems in fantastic condition. Did a full scan in the parking lot before I even turned it on, nothing came up. Very happy with the purchase.

Luc1fer

Car(s)
'19 GTI S 6MT
Watching this makes me miss my GTI..... Got totaled a year ago this month. I was looking forward for the GR Corolla but seeing the differential overheat issue and not being fixed by Toyota even knowing this happens in their GR Yaris, it disappoints spending $45K on that car that has problems from factory. Also over Reddit when other users mention/post about this problem, a bunch of other people who probably don't even own the car starts downvoting the posts.

Anyway, I will be back in a 7.5R and congratulations on your purchase!!

scrllock

Autocross Champion
18 or 19" prets?

my R came with the same tint job, honestly I like the stripe, it keeps my face cool.

auto-stop/start disable is the first mod anyone should do. remember it was kinda weird in obd11 at first, they've probably fixed the "app" for it by now.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
18 or 19" prets?

my R came with the same tint job, honestly I like the stripe, it keeps my face cool.

auto-stop/start disable is the first mod anyone should do. remember it was kinda weird in obd11 at first, they've probably fixed the "app" for it by now.
How tall are you?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Get it on stands, you may find a nice surprise that it has a caster kit installed which would explain the heavier steering feel.
The bumpeRdillo car is actually a tRack car?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
18 or 19" prets?

19"s. 235/35/19 DWS06+'s

I'm going to give the tint stripe a chance.