GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
theres nothing wrong with your car lingering under the shadows. its a fucking gti, it makes its morning coffee out of gunpowder and drinks vodka to go to sleep. a gti will stitch its own johnson if it got caught in a beartrap.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I don't think going above a JB4 is worth the minimal, but potential, risks to the car (this mostly speaks to one where you still have a warranty in tact)
Jon.

It sounds like you need a therapist, not a new car.
I'd take an upgraded turbo with a good flash tune over a stock car with a JB4 personally, but I know people really like piggybacks for some reason. Won't stop guided fault finding from seeing higher torque logged in NVRAM, so pulling the JB4 won't help if you actually needed a new motor from VW. Are you likely to need a new motor from VW? No. But I wouldn't buy a car that had been JB4'd unless I had the motor checked out after seeing what can happen if someone lets it lean out.

End of the day, it's a car you seem to mostly street drive, put an OE turbo in it with a conservative tune and you'll probably go through more thermostat housings than anything else.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1642178505557.jpg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
What about waiting for an elantra n?
gross.

Also don't ever sit around waiting for a company to release a yet non-existent car. I bought my condo in part by emptying out a savings account I had started with the sole purpose of buying the new RX-9 when it comes out. I started that account in 2010 using a portion of my paychecks from my first job.

.......I'm still waiting for that RX-9.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What about waiting for an elantra n?

You know that saying "Happy wife, happy life"?

My wife hates my GTI as it is, because she hates bolstered seats in general.

The bolstering in the Elantra N seats is even more agressive than in the GTI. She would never set foot in that car. And considering I hate her Nissan Rogue, we'd be at an impass anytime we had to drive in the same vehicle.

That said, if I could walk into a Hyundai dealer today and buy one at MSRP, I'd be tempted as hell to do it and just deal with her wrath.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
gross.

Also don't ever sit around waiting for a company to release a yet non-existent car. I bought my condo in part by emptying out a savings account I had started with the sole purpose of buying the new RX-9 when it comes out. I started that account in 2010 using a portion of my paychecks from my first job.

.......I'm still waiting for that RX-9.

It exists, I've driven one. My buddy bought the only one in a 300 mile radius.... At $7k above MSRP 🤮

I was super impressed with it.