GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
uhhhhh no way. if I was cross leveling over to another similar platform, I'd be taking everything with me to include the mats.

I can't go that far. My mats say GTI, can't put that in an R...

@dtfd wants his brakes on his GTI to say "PORSCHE" and meanwhile I can't have my floor mats mismatch...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
so you bought the R?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
congrats man! looks awesome, cant wait to see the big turbro!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yes to the shift knob. Yes to eventually getting a new wheel. You mean perforated leather on the wheel instead of having solid?

And that wheel is way too fat.
Yes, running air leather on the wheel when NOT ONE other piece of leather(faux leather in some cases) is in the car, is just as bad as : honeycomb, red accents, or plaid on a R.

After driving with a epoxy type wheel for a few years now I would say for me if I could do it again, I think I would do the flat bottom section in something hard again but the sides and top would be leather or even Alcantara by if I didn’t mind white glove driving it 😂.

When I vin diesel grip the wheel I think having fabric there would be better.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yes, running air leather on the wheel when NOT ONE other piece of leather(faux leather in some cases) is in the car, is just as bad as : honeycomb, red accents, or plaid on a R.

After driving with a epoxy type wheel for a few years now I would say for me if I could do it again, I think I would do the flat bottom section in something hard again but the sides and top would be leather or even Alcantara by if I didn’t mind white glove driving it 😂.

When I vin diesel grip the wheel I think having fabric there would be better.

I might do just full leather... would it be heresey to have perforated sides solid top/bottom?

I definitely love the upgraded wheel feel when your hands are on it, but could do without that hard expoxy type feeling.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
ive been browsing for a while and can't really find any wheels that don't have the carbon fiber top and bottom. i'd be much more partial to a full leather or part alacantara. lmk if you find any good options.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
ive been browsing for a while and can't really find any wheels that don't have the carbon fiber top and bottom. i'd be much more partial to a full leather or part alacantara. lmk if you find any good options.
You just have to message any of the China sellers they will make it exactly how
You want. The Go through guy I used via Instagram for mine had done them with piano black bottoms even. That’s how I got mine with forged and smooth leather sides.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^thanks man, appreciate it!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I might do just full leather... would it be heresey to have perforated sides solid top/bottom?

I definitely love the upgraded wheel feel when your hands are on it, but could do without that hard expoxy type feeling.
Honestly it’s just a personal opinion of mine, air leather on the wheels was alway just a look I didn’t like on the cars unless the shift knob at least matched.

Not like it’s a non oem look to have though… my oem mk6 is like that air/pref leather on tops and bottoms and smooth on the sides

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
This is probably what I am going to do but a bit thinner. They will do anything you want. I was quoted $460 for this wheel plus the shipping cost to return the core back to them.

Screenshot_20210808-114950.jpg

The perforated leather will match this:

IMG_20211115_145812.jpg