GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AC drain issue

marx2

Hello there,
my friend found the water on the floor inside his golf mk7! There was a water under all seats.
Drain water from AC doesn't go out than it stays in car..

Any idea about this problem? Where is drain hose located so i can check it?

tnx

tom1

Ready to race!
Hello there,
my friend found the water on the floor inside his golf mk7! There was a water under all seats.
Drain water from AC doesn't go out than it stays in car..

Any idea about this problem? Where is drain hose located so i can check it?

tnx

I know of someone who had this issue with his mk6 golf, if I was you i'd advise to take it back to vw for them to fully sort out. All sorts of problems can happen from damp left behind in the carpets.

marx2

I know of someone who had this issue with his mk6 golf, if I was you i'd advise to take it back to vw for them to fully sort out. All sorts of problems can happen from damp left behind in the carpets.

I know that there is some drain hose, it should be under glove box or somewhere there and I think maybe that hose isn't connected well or that hose is broken...I found in ETKA how it looks like---
Best solution is to go to VW service and tell them to fix it, because damp in car, specially behind the carpets, it is not a small problem...
I asked here, I meant that maybe there is someone who has or had similar problem...

Anyway I'll inform you after my visiting to VW

rorsters

Passed Driver's Ed
The carpets on my drivers floor and the footwell behind it are soaking I mean wringing.. However the Hump under the drivers seat where the foot blowers come out is dry on top.
Can water come out of the foot blowers on one side only ??
This happened after a heavy nights snow, could the snow have ingressed into the intakes ? I don't know, not a mechanic.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
The carpets on my drivers floor and the footwell behind it are soaking I mean wringing.. However the Hump under the drivers seat where the foot blowers come out is dry on top.
Can water come out of the foot blowers on one side only ??
This happened after a heavy nights snow, could the snow have ingressed into the intakes ? I don't know, not a mechanic.

More likely the aircon drain pipe dislodged causing the problem on the drivers side floorpan (the OP had this problem in his car nearly two years ago ).

A problem known to VW of poor fitting/routing during assembly of some early made Mk7's.

Your dealer should check for the cause under your warranty.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
In summer of 1988 I purchased a new Honda CRX and within the first day I hAd water on the passenger side of vehicle. It was cold water so I knew it was from AC unit. The AC coil drain pipe was located under the dash on passenger side. During test drives someone must have kicked it and separated the line. Once attached and water cleaned never happened again. If you have this or water on drivers side take it back and get it fixed ASAP. This will breed mold and rust. On very rainy days if you do not have good plastic or rubber mats you may be tracking water in. But if standing water or very damp, then likely a leak or hold on floor pan. Get fixed!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
In summer of 1988 I purchased a new Honda CRX and within the first day I hAd water on the passenger side of vehicle. It was cold water so I knew it was from AC unit. The AC coil drain pipe was located under the dash on passenger side. During test drives someone must have kicked it and separated the line. Once attached and water cleaned never happened again. If you have this or water on drivers side take it back and get it fixed ASAP. This will breed mold and rust. On very rainy days if you do not have good plastic or rubber mats you may be tracking water in. But if standing water or very damp, then likely a leak or hold on floor pan. Get fixed!

I had the same problem with a brand new Cadillac DTS back in 06 passenger floor was soaked same issue as the OP not even 500 miles

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Hello everybody
I have never informed you..sorry

The problem was with bad connected drain hose and VW dealer fixed it under warranty.

Good to know, and thanks for the update.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Hello everybody
I have never informed you..sorry

The problem was with bad connected drain hose and VW dealer fixed it under warranty.

Good!
Make sure you dry it out good.
They vacumned out most of the water and then on the next several hot days, I cracked windows to let car dry out.
Do several days to make sure it dries.
If garaged, just roll windows down at night for a while to help.:cool:

rorsters

Passed Driver's Ed
So by the time I got my car booked into the stealers, the water had got so bad I had to bale it out with a dust pan.
Mechanic reckons it's the water running down inside the door, then instead of out it's going in. They're replacing seals, carpet and underlay.
On the up side I've been given a Sorocco R Line 184bhp. as a courtesy car.