GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A Fond Farewell

ebg18t

Ready to race!
The ones I'm on the most are the AudiWorld forums. Some good folks there, but a lot are like what I wrote above. I will have to check out Audizine, thanks!

Never experienced that with Audizine.

Glad you like the S5, they are fun cars.

A lot of us left AudiWorld when it was sold around 04-06 or so. That’s about the time AudiZine was started by a few AW defectors. AW was much better when it was private. When AZ came up and was starting to take off a bunch of us donated money to get servers, etc.

Both are great resources, but you will find more kids with mommy-daddy money on AZ than you will on AW. It seems many of the old timers have gone back to AW now.

cb1111

A lot of us left AudiWorld when it was sold around 04-06 or so. That’s about the time AudiZine was started by a few AW defectors. AW was much better when it was private. When AZ came up and was starting to take off a bunch of us donated money to get servers, etc.

Both are great resources, but you will find more kids with mommy-daddy money on AZ than you will on AW. It seems many of the old timers have gone back to AW now.
Is that what happened? When I had my S6 I was quite active on AudiWorld. One day I went there and it was different so I quit going there.

I think I had sold my S6 by the time Audizine was up and running, but if they took over the AW membership then it should be pretty good.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Feels. I got rid of my R on Monday and I'm pretty miserable about it. Not replacing it with anything so its just an emptiness. Hoping to be back in one in the next 12 months or so unless the mk8 specs are good enough to wait for.

ebg18t

Ready to race!
Is that what happened? When I had my S6 I was quite active on AudiWorld. One day I went there and it was different so I quit going there.

Yeah he sold it to one of the big forum companies. I don’t recall the exact details, but it changed the vibe. It was unfortunate.

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
congratulations man! Helluva upgrade!! Enjoy it and post up your impressions soon!

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
All German cars are pricey. Audi is actually better than Mercedes, though, in terms of upselling, and about on par with BMW. The S5 only has, for me, two must-have options: the S Sport package (differential and adaptive suspension), and the B&O stereo (very good in the coupe, though I hear the Sportback folks sometimes complain about speaker placement). Everything else is pretty much gravy, really, although I do like the red quilted leather seats a lot :).

One thing I will say is the R gets far better gas mileage! Even in Comfort around town, albeit in weather that has been many days below zero and only like one day in the past two weeks above freezing, including a lot of snow, I'm betting like, um, 13 MPG, as opposed to 25 MPG in the Golf. I sure hope when the weather moderates that goes up at least a little bit.

OTOH, the engine is a joy to drive in every other respect. And the suspension, ride, and general deportment of the car is top-notch (as it damn well should be). I do still miss the third pedal, I gotta say, but that was the sacrificial lamb for my journey up the food chain. Sad, but true.

cb1111

One thing I remember from Audi is that the fuel economy increases by a lot after about 5k miles and it ain't good in really cold weather.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
One thing I remember from Audi is that the fuel economy increases by a lot after about 5k miles and it ain't good in really cold weather.

Well, time will tell, for sure! I suspect no one gets great mileage at -22 F, with ice and snow.

Hell, heating my fat butt in the seat probably takes away five MPG alone....

gtwhy

Passed Driver's Ed
As someone who owned a 99 GS-R and a 16 GTI PP and the same time and drove them back to back many times in mid 2017... the GS-R is great and the shifter is indeed amazing, but I'm guessing that you're remembering it as better than it actually was lol.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
As someone who owned a 99 GS-R and a 16 GTI PP and the same time and drove them back to back many times in mid 2017... the GS-R is great and the shifter is indeed amazing, but I'm guessing that you're remembering it as better than it actually was lol.

Oh, quite probably! Nostalgia and all that. I'm still pretty sure it was better than those in either my GTI or my R, though. Although "better" is not like between bad and good, more like between good and, well, better.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Good call

Hopefully you got a fair/good price for it though

I got 25. Which I consider fair, not great. Carmax offered 22 for comparison. I understand they need to make money too and the car was in ok shape but I beat the piss out of it for 3 years. Just saw it listed. They certified the damn thing.