GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

997.2 C4S vs. Vortex std Golf R

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I’ve been trying to find out if my golf is faster than a normally aspirated 911 (997), as I’d like to know how much I’ll have to spend for better performance. I’ve had my eye on a 997 911t for a number of years but the market has been pretty frustrating with prices staying abnormally high so maybe a C4S would be good enough?

So, this friend of a friend that attends our drives thought my R being able to compete with his C4S was laughable. I was so glad to finally be able to drive with him. I gave him the early hit, and it was clear that his car was slower and I was pulling on him pretty well, and he let off to avoid further embarrassment. Dude still had the nerve to claim that his car is faster, lol.

Altitude likely played a part as we were at somewhere around 8k’, and the 997.2 C4S is normally aspirated.

Now I’ll need to find a willing 997 and a 991 911t owner to see what’s what.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Not even close. Dude even had momentum and got handled easily.
Yeah I felt bad for him talking shit and then getting walked, so I was very surprised when he was STILL talking shit when we parked. He had also claimed some crazy fast lap times at a nearby track before, so I’m pretty sure he’s just in his own weird self-delusional reality.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
I’ve lined it up with a Cayman GT4 RS, they are quick but definitely nothing special in the straightWay. That being said my next car is def a manual cayman.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I wouldn't doubt he'd be faster on a track, but straight line nope. What could he possibly talk shit about afyer that?
Yeah I was like whaaa? No dude, your perception of reality is incorrect, lol. Nice guy but seems to be severely delusional. Highly doubt he’s faster on a track but am hoping to find out. I really want to bet him $100 that he can’t lap faster than me but I kind of don’t want to see him squirm and make excuses.

The track that we discuss is High Plains Raceway and I did at ~2:10 on the is38 as a baseline. I was lapping with (and catching) an m2c and making time on a modded 997 c2 (that was following) that day. So many variables…so I’ll have to see if we can get to the track where I can hear his excuses when he can’t seem to lap as fast as he said he had. He was saying that he lapped in just under 2:00, but I’d lapped in a gt4 at nearly the same pace and he’s crazy if he thinks he could do the same. I shouldn’t care but just want to shut him up with a reality check.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I’ve lined it up with a Cayman GT4 RS, they are quick but definitely nothing special in the straightWay. That being said my next car is def a manual cayman.
Yep I love the gt4 but I do think they need a turbo, especially at altitude. Driving with this Boxster GTS was a hoot, yesterday. It did much better than I’d thought. Amazing for a normally aspirated car, in my opinion. I’m going for a Cayman S if my stocks don’t payoff.

1689612589784.jpeg

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Yeah I was like whaaa? No dude, your perception of reality is incorrect, lol. Nice guy but seems to be severely delusional. Highly doubt he’s faster on a track but am hoping to find out. I really want to bet him $100 that he can’t lap faster than me but I kind of don’t want to see him squirm and make excuses.

The track that we discuss is High Plains Raceway and I did at ~2:10 on the is38 as a baseline. I was lapping with (and catching) an m2c and making time on a modded 997 c2 (that was following) that day. So many variables…so I’ll have to see if we can get to the track where I can hear his excuses when he can’t seem to lap as fast as he said he had. He was saying that he lapped in just under 2:00, but I’d lapped in a gt4 at nearly the same pace and he’s crazy if he thinks he could do the same. I shouldn’t care but just want to shut him up with a reality check.
Car for car I'd expect the Porsche to be faster at a track. Sounds like you may have more experience on track than him though.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Car for car I'd expect the Porsche to be faster at a track. Sounds like you may have more experience on track than him though.
Yeah I’d expect the same. We both have spent time at that track so I’m hoping to find out. I’d be happy to get my ass handed to me if that means I get some track time, lol.