8521278 - Battery terminal recognition U1411 00 [008] - Open circuit

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
any idea? Thanks...

8521278 - Battery terminal recognition
U1411 00 [008] - Open circuit
[New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 100
Mileage: 52795 km
Date: 2020.01.22
Time: 19:40:11

Supply voltage: Terminal 30: 12.6 V
Terminal 15: On

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
what/where is terminal 30 and 15 ?

Neo_11

any idea? Thanks...

8521278 - Battery terminal recognition
U1411 00 [008] - Open circuit
[New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 100
Mileage: 52795 km
Date: 2020.01.22
Time: 19:40:11

Hi, have you solved this by any chance?

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
I’ve been getting this a lot lately also. Going crazy trying to figure out the problem. My steering gets heavy also when this happens. I’ve checked all battery connections and grounds and peeked at all the fuses. Battery voltage is in the high 13’s when car is on. 914EB5D8-A434-4CE7-8EF3-492062D41E71.jpegI’m stumped idk what else to check.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’ve been getting this a lot lately also. Going crazy trying to figure out the problem. My steering gets heavy also when this happens. I’ve checked all battery connections and grounds and peeked at all the fuses. Battery voltage is in the high 13’s when car is on. View attachment 184846I’m stumped idk what else to check.
Any luck on finding the issue? Steering when heavy as well. I scanned and had the same U141100 Battery Terminal Recognition code.

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
Any luck on finding the issue? Steering when heavy as well. I scanned and had the same U141100 Battery Terminal Recognition code.

I never really found the root cause. It’s a strange thing that I tried solving countless times. I have to check my obdeleven to see exactly what I did, but I did a bunch of basic relearns and adaptations but that didn’t get me anywhere. Fortunately it hasn’t happened in a good while, ever since I changed my dsg fluid. But that should have absolutely no correlation. Only possible connection I can think of is putting the battery terminals back on in the wrong order by accident when I did my mounts and it somehow messes with the ecu till I did my dsg fluid change and rehooked the terminals in the correct order?! It’s a stretch and I doubt it but I really can’t say, VW electrical gremlins maybe?

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
Not even possible to hook up battery wrong. Cables not long enough. Possible they weren’t tightened properly.
Lmao, I didn’t mean actually hooking the terminals up to the wrong posts. Meant the wrong order as in rehooking the negative first vs the positive first, although I guess it can be argued if that even matters. They were definitely tightened down, checked fuses and grounds, nada. And like I said I highly doubt there’s any correlation, just saying what I did. It hasn’t come back *knocks on wood* but I’d say it’s just a matter of time because I never found the root problem.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I had a few thoughts on this & double checked I was right....Googling the fault code it leads to a Ross-Tech wiki page....

VW POLO V (6R) 1.2 TSI 2014 Energy Management problems | Ross-Tech Forums

Could be the auto eco engine shut off (stop/start)..NOT to be confused with KESSY (auto keyless entry)...has been disabled in a way the BCM doesn't like....it could also be the fact the cars battery was changed & the BCM module was not correctly recoded for the new battery...

Hoever there is this thread which suggest that it could also be linked to a main relay going bad, but not enough to correctly report it...

Solved - Battery / Terminal 30 / ECM - PCM lost communications - AudiWorld Forums

leo84_lo

Car(s)
Octavia 3RS
Hey All,

I am wondering if you found a way to solve the issue with high RPM and steering it was getting heavy after a while?

At the begin sorry for my english but I had same issue with my Skoda Octavia 3 rs. I fighted with this since 2 years, I did many unnecessairly things.
Here is my link where I described issues what i had.. Hopefully teanslator will tramnslate it correctly you will be able understand all..

https://octavia.team/temat/3479-roz...-i-wysokie-obroty/?tab=comments#comment-51487

Sorry for link but it a long strory to write again..

Back to the subject.. for me helped change the IBS sensor on the battery.. All problems with U141100 and U140600 didnt appeard again.

I am shering this info because no one from the so skilled services guys wasnt able helps me, only adviced me to change realy expensive parts but this IBS part cosnt me 6 euro (used one).

Right now I mafde 2k km and all good, what previously happened (heavy steering nad RPM) each time while I was going a litle longer distance.

Hopehully it will helps u to..

Cheers..