GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

7.5 R 2020 front creaky suspension

Aaron1875

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Low miles 30k mls
The car displays the common squeaky creaky noise over bumps.
It seems as though it’s the lower control bushes or possibly the struts (top mounts)
Is there a technical service bulletin or TPI from VW ? The car is still under VW warranty. I want to be armed with prior knowledge before dealing with dealers.

Appreciate any assistance

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Very likely the LCA bushings. Competent tech should be able to diagnose easily, it's not uncommon for the bushings to fail a visual inspection.

kyle251

Car(s)
MK7 golf R estate
i have a creek/squeak coming from front my left suspension, narrowed it down to the top mount which im about to replace.

Greg_mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 golf R
I get the noise too, only in cold weather. My top mounts are new so I suspect this is the common noise from the lca bushings that many people seem to get on the mqb cars.

kyle251

Car(s)
MK7 golf R estate
replaced my top mount this morning with a OEM one and the squeak is now gone. also the slight low speed clunk I've been chasing for the last yr has disappeared too

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Took my 2018 R with 52k miles that is still under factory warranty to the dealer last week for this issue. They said nothing was wrong and would not investigate further. I wasn't happy with that answer.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Took my 2018 R with 52k miles that is still under factory warranty to the dealer last week for this issue. They said nothing was wrong and would not investigate further. I wasn't happy with that answer.

I had a dealer tell me something similar about 20 years ago. I even took the foreman for a ride so he could feel it. He said it was normal. I talked to the service advisor about it, and finally picked up on what he was saying. He said it was within VW specifications. Translation: We would love to help you, but we told by VW on other cars with the same issue that they won't pay for the repair.

Last edited:

Greg_mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 golf R
When my car was under warranty, they greased the lca bushings. The noise went away for a couple of months and then started making noise again. My brother who has an s3 has the same issue. I just think its the bushing material after a few years of wear starts making that noise, especially when it gets colder outside.