GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

34K1 dsg tsb

langer

i fix teefs
Anyone taken their car in yet for this one? I took it last week, they updated the software and update failed. What exactly are they replacing in the transmission? The auxiliary pump? I think I was the first one to come in for it, according to service advisor. Having the work done in a few weeks since the car can be driven while I wait.
IMG_3005.jpeg

Jachas

Ready to race!
Car(s)
A3 8V
Not even 400 total vehicles affected? Weird.

This recall with different number are EU cars with DQ381 too (Arteon/Passat/Tiguan/Golf mostly). So there many more cars affected with DQ381

And same drill like 34K1. TCM update and test drive. If after test drive there are not faults codes in TCM, car is good to go. If not (fault codes are present), gearbox need to be disassembled and oil pump replaced

Langer1

Passed Driver's Ed
Update on my 34K1 DSG TSB. My car has been there nearly 2 weeks now. I think they have one master tech to work on the DSGs so I bet he works on mine when there is time. Had to get the service manager involved because the advisors were not communicating...at all. I felt bad, but I had to write a nastygram google review to get anyone to call me back. The manager said this is first one of these in the TSB they've seen. My advice, make sure you push for a loaner because you will be without your car for a while. Service manager told me hopefully mid week this week, but he wasn't 100% confident in that. The R is gonna feel like a slot car after driving around my Atlas loaner.

Nolte

Fear my Stock Ride Height
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Mine just failed this as well. Still driving it, dealer waiting for a loaner to come back.

Looks nasty if the part actually does fail. Check out DQ381 Carnage on Reddit

langer

i fix teefs
Mine just failed this as well. Still driving it, dealer waiting for a loaner to come back.

Looks nasty if the part actually does fail. Check out DQ381 Carnage on Reddit
New dsg for me. Dealer called, they submitted a replacement claim and it was approved by vw. There was internal damage on my unit.

Last edited:

Nolte

Car(s)
2018 Golf R
New dsg for me. Dealer called, they submitted a replacement claim and it was approved by vw. There was internal damage on my unit.
Any signs beforehand that that was maybe going to be the case? Or just failed the test and there it was?

langer

i fix teefs
Any signs beforehand that that was maybe going to be the case? Or just failed the test and there it was?
I had a very intermittent false neutral, usually just after first starting it and pulling out of a parking spot. Would drop out of gear and re-engage after a second. Only thing I ever noticed. But that was rare, maybe once a month. Nothing else I noticed. Not even sure that was related.

Nolte

Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Just got word this morning, my aux pump was in place but two of the bolts that hold it in place were completely missing, and presumably shredded by the transmission.

New transmission for me too.

langer

i fix teefs
Just got word this morning, my aux pump was in place but two of the bolts that hold it in place were completely missing, and presumably shredded by the transmission.

New transmission for me too.
Exactly what service advisor told me about the bolts.