GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'21 GTI Impressions, Hits, & Misses

Fourflys

Car(s)
2016 Autobahn DSG
"+ Cargo cover storage under the trunk floor.
- It takes 1500 tries to get the cargo cover to fit in it's storage space under the trunk floor."

So I was just out playing with my cargo cover since I read this and realized the following that might make it easier to get the cover to fit in. There is a little cubby on either side of the trunk area, the hard plastic wall will lifts right out (says "up" on the plastic, I lifted out the passenger side) and allow you to just lay the cover in. Then you can slide the wall back in.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
"+ Cargo cover storage under the trunk floor.
- It takes 1500 tries to get the cargo cover to fit in it's storage space under the trunk floor."

So I was just out playing with my cargo cover since I read this and realized the following that might make it easier to get the cover to fit in. There is a little cubby on either side of the trunk area, the hard plastic wall will lifts right out (says "up" on the plastic, I lifted out the passenger side) and allow you to just lay the cover in. Then you can slide the wall back in.
You're correct; if VW had just tweaked the size/shape of the cover and those cubby dividers by about 1cm, the cover would just drop right in...

I'm a bit workflow-obsessed, so extra steps like this give me Forrest Whittaker eye for a minute.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Haha... the OEM muffler on that '95 wasn't much to cheer about in the sound department. But thanks to loud concerts in small venues, motorcycles, power tools, and firearms, my hearing is shot for sure.
It must have sucked because without the Soundaktor on full blast, my stock GTI sounded like nothing.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
When on track, at high speeds, you can't hear it at all, even the soundaktor.

For a 7.5, you need the TCR muffler.

cb1111

Let me clarify; there is no reason why the wiper arms could not be lifted off the glass from the down position, in spite of their location behind the line of the hood. This design reeks of "Fk it, good enough..." or however that's pronounced in German.

The first thing that comes to mind is simply rotating the pivot about 20° axially (radially?)... so the arm pivots away from the glass at an oblique angle.
Ahhh, gotcha. I can't answer that question because I'm not an engineer, but I do know tht it does what it is supposed to do as I've seen it crash tested.

Good summary BTW

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
OP you can also get gauge (all 3) clear screen protectors on AliExpress. Highly recommended.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
It must have sucked because without the Soundaktor on full blast, my stock GTI sounded like nothing.
The VR6 had a fair bit of induction noise, but the exhaust wasn't much louder than the one on my 2.0L prior, just deeper.
Yeah I can barely hear my GTI at all without the Soundaktor. I wish the Clubsport S exhaust was standard.
I mostly run in Custom Mode with the Soundaktor turned down to 'Comfort'. It totally drowns out the exhaust in Sport Mode.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've heard a straight piped W8 Passat. You'd feel like Cole Trickle driving to work.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
While I was out for my Sunday afternoon rip in the rain/snow/gloom I remembered something I thought on my initial test drive; I'd prefer a lighter coloured headliner. Both prior VWs (and most other vehicles I've had) had a light grey headliner, which helps to brighten up the inside of the car.

gmgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
While I was out for my Sunday afternoon rip in the rain/snow/gloom I remembered something I thought on my initial test drive; I'd prefer a lighter coloured headliner. Both prior VWs (and most other vehicles I've had) had a light grey headliner, which helps to brighten up the inside of the car.
Ha, one of my favorite aspects of my GTI is the black headliner. I cannot stand lighter colored headliners! A friend of mine swapped his BMW headliner out for a black one...a lot of work but we both think it's much better.

Funny how we all vary on things. No wrong answer though, all preference.