GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'21 GTI Impressions, Hits, & Misses

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
While I was out for my Sunday afternoon rip in the rain/snow/gloom I remembered something I thought on my initial test drive; I'd prefer a lighter coloured headliner. Both prior VWs (and most other vehicles I've had) had a light grey headliner, which helps to brighten up the inside of the car.

When we ordered my wife's '17 Golf Wolfsburg, VW offered a choice of a black interior or a lighter beige interior. We chose the beige for the same reason as you. The only available interior with my '21 GTI SE was black and man, ya drop something in the cabin and it completely disappears into the darkened abyss. :sneaky: Not available, but a tan interior with my Cornflower Blue would have looked outstanding.

Duchess

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
I'll need to do that every time I park the car for more than a couple of hours, 5 months of the year.
I just have a windshield cover I strap on to my car in winter when snow's a-comin'. No scraping, no lifting, I just take it off and go once I've cleaned off the rest of my car! Getting snow off is one thing, but scraping ice is the worst.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
I just have a windshield cover I strap on to my car in winter when snow's a-comin'. No scraping, no lifting, I just take it off and go once I've cleaned off the rest of my car! Getting snow off is one thing, but scraping ice is the worst.
I just pictured a Beetle with a giant sleeping mask over the windshield LMAO

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Not sure about the 2.0T sounding better than a VR6. I had a supercharged VR6 Corrado back in the day. Nothing really beats the sound of that...especially at startup when you hear the Vortech supercharger whining. The VR6 with an intake at full revs (y)(y).

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Not sure about the 2.0T sounding better than a VR6. I had a supercharged VR6 Corrado back in the day. Nothing really beats the sound of that...especially at startup when you hear the Vortech supercharger whining. The VR6 with an intake at full revs (y)(y).

Those were good..mind you a MK4 R32 isn't bad either.....just nose heavy....

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Definite +: Brake Assist. Some clown pulled out in front of me yesterday, and like telepathy the car was stopping R.F.N. the second I hit the brakes.

This thing can stop.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Yeah I can barely hear my GTI at all without the Soundaktor. I wish the Clubsport S exhaust was standard.

Brah, this drives me craaazy! I've stalled out at least 3 times since owning the car where I couldn't tell that the car was still running and let out the clutch while parked in 1st gear. That can give you a small heart attack when it's unexpected, lol. I think I have PTSD at this point where even by lowering the music all the way down, I still let out the clutch suuuuper slowly in fear of that sudden jerk stall, lol.

My mother's Hyundai Elantra might have more grunt than this car without exhaust, lol. Actually, looking for a catback (no DP) is my current mod I am eyeing because I'm stg1 now and those puny tips with my new rear diffuser just aren't cutting it. I know I can buy aftermarket tips but since I really want sound so bad, I rather just get it all from a catback. Even if the catback isn't super loud with stock DP, it'll still be better than stock.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I happen to like lighter color interiors, but I live in Floriderp.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I happen to like lighter color interiors, but I live in Floriderp.

Just don't let Germans do it. Germans can do black interiors, full stop. Italians, Brits, French, Japanese and Korean car companies can all do other colors, but just leave greys, tans, reds, blues, whatever to them and go with black in your German cars. Our Audi has brown seats and a little of the trim is brown too, but it's still mostly black, black dash, black plastics, black headliner. My ex had an A4 with grey interior, like all of it except the steering wheel, and it turned out that the plastic trim was covered in a grey, rubbery coating and after a few years, that car looked so knackered and beat down. If it had been a black interior, it would have still looked like new. Boring, but still better.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
I had a 2014 BMW 2-series and it had a Tan headliner with Terracotta seats, but the carpet and dash ect... were all black. I like that my GTI has Black, as dirt does not show up as much and someone will eventually put their dirty hands on the headliner for some reason.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just don't let Germans do it. Germans can do black interiors, full stop. Italians, Brits, French, Japanese and Korean car companies can all do other colors, but just leave greys, tans, reds, blues, whatever to them and go with black in your German cars. Our Audi has brown seats and a little of the trim is brown too, but it's still mostly black, black dash, black plastics, black headliner. My ex had an A4 with grey interior, like all of it except the steering wheel, and it turned out that the plastic trim was covered in a grey, rubbery coating and after a few years, that car looked so knackered and beat down. If it had been a black interior, it would have still looked like new. Boring, but still better.

We had an 01 A4 Avant in silver, with grey interior. It was even a Quattro with a manual. It looked really good for the 3 years we owned it, but yeah, the rubbery coating was starting to look worn. Still my wife's favorite car though.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Agreed. My dream car is something-something 911 something... but Porsche interiors look horrible in just about every colour that's not black.

Just the headliner is easy though.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Agreed. My dream car is something-something 911 something... but Porsche interiors look horrible in just about every colour that's not black.

Just the headliner is easy though.
The only exception I'd make to an all black 911 interior is some variation of the R herringbone seats.